Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Hit Another Record For This Weight Loss Season: Down 57 Pounds

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.6-pounds.
This is a new record for this weight loss season.

I couldn't believe what I saw initially. I stepped up and saw the numbers ticking down to the new weight and was surprised. I stood down and stood back up on the scale three more times just so I could verify that I wasn't imagining things.

That Illusive 180-pound target is getting closer. I thought by now I would have blown past it. Nope, it didn't happen.

I didn't hit any of the presupposed targets that I wanted to hit. Some people call them weight loss goals. I call them targets.

And since we aren't dealing with machines here but with the human body, it can be frustrating to see how stubborn and resistant we are to change. It's like we are in this never ending downward spiral of self destructive impulses. Our bad eating habits is one of them.

For years many of us were eating what ever we wanted when ever we wanted; then suddenly we decide we are going to lose weight.

The body doesn't seem so cooperative at first either. When embarking on a new venture like losing weight the body throws fits. I had headaches, immense hunger pains, dizzy spells, and the usual wake up in the middle of the night Hunger Monster.

Now, I still have to deal with hunger, but it's not as intense as it was. I don't get the sudden rush of dizzy spells like I used to. And I don't seem to be getting the intense headaches that were related to being hungry like I did in the beginning.

Oh yes, I had it all. I was like a junkie coming off of drugs. My body was having hissy fits on me.

Now, I am down 57-pounds from where I started officially noting my weight. This weight loss season started at 240-pounds. That was back in November of 2006.

My drivers license shows a weight of 250 pounds. I actually was 260-pounds before I decided to use the Doctor Atkins Diet to lose 60-pounds. I was down to 200-pounds and over a period of three years I regained 40 of the 60 pounds that I lost.

Now, I am at a weight that I haven't been at since the summer of 1994. I am almost to the 180-pounds that I was at back then.

It's a new world now:
  • I run up and down the stairs.
  • My knees feel better than they did.
  • My gut doesn't hang out past my chest line like it did.
  • I am beginning to exercise.
  • I feel like I have more energy.
  • My heart lopes along at 60 beats-per-minute instead of 90-100 beats-per-minute.
  • I just feel much better

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...