Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Well, Have You Made Any News Years Resolutions?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183-pounds.
This is only because I had some late night snacks with my family as we welcomed the New Year?

It's The New Year, What Are Your Resolutions?
I know, we've been listening to the crowd that harps about making goals. Yes, I heard the message yesterday that mentioned the Yale and Harvard study about the class where 3% of the students had written goals and 20 years later were more successful than the peers of the class.

Ok, it's the New Year and some of us are thinking we're going to change something. Well, I am going to be a nicer person. I'm going to try to not get angry as much. Well, I am going to get a better job. I am going to the gym more often. I'm going to lose 20 pounds.

Yep, we all have it in our minds that the year 2008 will be different than the year of 2007, or any other year in the past.

Since this isn't a goal setting class. Honestly, I don't have a list of New Years Resolutions that I have made for 2008. I am thinking well, what ever happens, happens. Yep, I am not going to even attempt to make 2008 any better.

I will do more of one thing this year than I did. I will pray more. That's the one thing I will do.

Did You resolve to lose weight this year?
I am going to make this easy.
Go get a good quality digital scale. Go get a pad of paper you can have handy by that scale. This is so you can write down your weight.
Go get another pad of paper so you can keep a record of what you are eating. Go get a calorie counter.
Find out what your height and weight is supposed to be. Any standard height weight chart will do.
Now, when you eat, write down what you ate and approximate how much you ate.
When you climb out of bed, weigh yourself and see if you are anywhere near where you should be. If not, it's time to get off those pounds.

Here is how you lose the extra pounds: Eat Less Food. That's it.

At lunch don't assume you can walk into McDoanld's three times a day and eat a Big Mac, Fries, and a Chocolate Milk Shake and then lose weight. It won't happen.

Don't assume you can eat two fried chicken breasts for lunch and potato salad and lose weight. It won't happen.

You are going to have to start cutting back on the food consumption.

EAT LESS FOOD in 2008. With that, you will lose weight.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

3 comments:

A said...

I've resolved to stick to my current program, and keep at it. I will run my first miles of the new year tomorrow. In time, I'll get where I'm going.

Meanwhile, Illinois is losing the Rose Bowl.

A Runner's Dilemma

Dinahsoar said...

I'm, generally speaking, a very contented person. Most new years my resolution is to eat less and loose some weight. But I was already doing that and have no plans to discontinue...and I didn't gain weight over Christmas like I have in the past..so it sounds like this is the first year in several years I don't really have any new resolve, hence no new resolutions. I must say, the bloggers I read have been such a tremendous help to me that I've managed to keep chugging along without derailing.

David Dane said...

Thank you Dinah, and resilient hawk

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...