Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Fourth Of July: Steady As She Goes With The Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182-pounds. That's way down from yesterday. It's getting nearer to that 180-pound target that I was supposed to be maintaining. Ahem...

I did write yesterday the 185 that showed up was just me retaining fluids.

OK, I don't have lot of time to post right now. I am on my way to work. I will attempt to write later today. If I can't, you all have a "Blessed And Safe Fourth Of July." Remember this was a day celebrating our independence away from a tyrannical king and a system of government that wanted to put it's finger on top of our God Given Rights.

Praise God for men and women who had the courage to fight, and die so we could live relatively free.

Maybe I will write later today...Maybe...

Part Two For Today
Hey we're heading into another one of those favored days when we break out the barbecue grill, and cook up some steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs, and bratwurst. Then we break out the baked beans, the potato salad, and the chips. The bottom line is there are usually plenty of goodies available to many of us to chow down on.

I say go for it. I mean it. Celebrate this 4th of July with gusto. It's a day of remembrance for our Independence.

Why not have a day where you eat like a ......... ! ? (You fill that in.)

When you're done, just remember that if you've upset the apple cart, and undone all your hard work, that this was the day that did it.

No problem though, just get back at it on July 5, 2008. No cheating from there. Make sure you stay on the straight and narrow. Eat those little bitty meals, and be grateful you have them. Oh, I make myself laugh.

Watching The Fat Men Eat
Earlier Today I posted in a hurry. I pulled into the parking lot and was getting out of my car. Before I did though I saw about 8 guys sitting around on benches next to a construction site. They were taking their lunch break.

I couldn't help but notice what some of them were eating. One guy had a sausage in a bun that must have been 12 inches long. The bun was large, and the sausage stuck way out from the end of the bun. It was an odd sight for sure.

Me being the curious sort, sat for a few moments watching these guys. The guy with the big long sausage grabbed this thing with two hands and opened wide to take a bite out of this monster sandwich.

The guy across from him had two large pepperoni pizza slices. The one he had in his hand he had to grab with both hands. The other large slice sat on a plate on his semi-reclining legs.

Another guy had a large sub sandwich. He too had to grab onto this monster and grip it as he chomped down onto it.

I couldn't make out what the other men were eating. Although, I could see that all of these men had extra girth around their mid-sections. Yes, everyone of these guys had a weight problem.
It's no wonder if they eat like I saw them eating today.

I know these guys are construction workers, and they need all the energy they can get. I am sure they work hard. Even so, it's obvious they eat more food than they can burn in a days worth of work.

Their calories they burn from excerpting energy on the job, at play, and rest, don't exceed the total calories they consume. How do I know? Well, they are all large gutted. Yep, they are fatties.

Why would I mention something like this? Look around, doesn't it seem like there are more fat (preponderant) people than ever? Why does it matter? Well, it matters if you and I are one of them.

It matters because more and more people are risking their health. What, how do you know? Well, experience told me this. I have three immediate family members who have developed type-two-diabetes. I have another friend that has developed hypo-glycemia. (However that's spelled.)

My one family member is in such bad shape he can't walk anymore.

Well, so? Well, so, just imagine in the future more and more people getting sick because they eat more than they should. Can you just imagine the problems this may cause. Believe me, I'm not for the Government sticking it's two cents in on this matter.

If I can though, I am going to try to be an encouragement to people. I know most of the time my words fall on dead ears.

But, if you have read this far, maybe you'll be convinced to change.

Eat Less Food. Eat Less Food. Eat Less Food.

How else can I put it. Reduce down your portions sizes. Substitute a goody for a meal. What? Yes, if you must eat that big apple fritter for breakfast, then don't eat anything else until lunch. Then consider eating some tuna fish on a salad. Then eat light for dinner. Count your calories, and keep them at a steady intake, and you ought to be OK.

Number counter when I posted: 3764

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Amen to that...if our forefathers and fore-mothers had not been willing to sacrifice everything we would not have this great country we are so privileged to live in today. True it is not perfect, but to those who talk like they hate it...don't do it within my hearing...if you love a thing you may desire to change it but you do it respectfully. The vitriol that pours forth from so many mouths of those who say they love this land often angers me. And I'm ready to start speaking up and say shut up to those who hate America.

A said...

I decided it would be good read what the Declaration of Independence said, and posted it verbatim.

Let Freedom Ring! The Declaration of Independence: A Transcription

David Dane said...

Thanks dinah, and resilient hawk.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...