Saturday, July 26, 2008

You'll Have To Find Real Strong MotivationTo Lose Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.4-pounds. This is the same weight as yesterday.

I am happy with this.

Yesterday when I got home after posting on the Internet, I stepped onto the scale at 177-pounds. I was surprised with this. I had not eaten anything, and I was very hungry. Before I went to the County Fair, I decided to eat something. I could have cheated and held out until the morning. I was so hungry though, I just couldn't do it.
I probably would have set a new record.

Someone Else Told Me He Loves To Eat
Yesterday I was walking around the fair talking to different people at the display booths. This one man who was a Bee Keeper was telling me about bees. Somehow we got onto the topic of how honey helps slow the effects of hunger. He told me that a tablespoon of honey before bed time helps increase the metabolism. Honey might increase metabolism, but if you've just stuffed yourself like a hog, then what difference does it really make?

I told him that I have used honey to help quell my hunger at night because I have been losing weight. He admitted that he needs to lose weight, and asked me how I did it. I told him that I cut back the portions sizes, and became a calorie counter.
He then admitted he loves to eat, and that it would be hard for him to give up his food.

Well, DA! Of course it's hard to give up the food. That's why 50% or more of Americans are way over weight.

I think we get into this mindset that we will be the only ones learning to sacrifice if we decide to "Eat Less Food." I think we think that no one else has to suffer with their obesity.

I also think that we have lost sight of the actual benefits of losing weight. For me, I am much more mobile than I was. I don't huff and puff running up and down the stares anymore. I move better.

I have many more benefits that I am not going to write here, because I have listed some in the past.

If you can't find a long lasting benefit for you that outweighs the losses you'll feel when you give up the goodies to eat, then you'll never permanently lose weight.

You have to have a real strong motive to lose weight. It has to the kind of motivation that drives you on in time, because there will be plenty of obstacles and temptations there to detour you from that new target weight.

It's tough to lose weight, and keep it off. It's been my soul preoccupation, and neurosis for 1 1/2 years now. I'm not done yet.

Number Counter when I finished writing this post today: 4397
Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...