Monday, July 14, 2008

Will I Show Will Power When I Am Tempted?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179-pounds. That's the same as yesterday.

Don't Lose Anymore Weight You're Skinny Enough
Today I ran into someone else who told me that I am getting too skinny. She said that I am way too skinny and that I shouldn't lose anymore weight.

Then when I went with another friend to lunch, he said; that I should stop losing weight at 175-pounds. Everyone seems to think that I am losing more weight than I should.

Even though I look at the height and weight charts that say I should be anywhere from 145-pounds up to 160-pounds. See the height weight chart I used. I'm 5' 10".

This is a puzzle for me. I can pinch on my tummy a good chunk of lose fat. This is not loose skin. This is fat. I can't exercise off fat. I can only burn it off.

I know that I am looking thinner. But, I don't care what anyone seems to think.

I've wanted to remain at a normal weight for years. Only, I missed several critical things. I wasn't monitoring my weight every day. Some large weight losing organizations say weigh in only once a week, or even once a month. They seem to treat losing weight like it's something that's just too harsh psychologically for people.

I wasn't keeping records of what I was eating. I had no idea what I was putting in my mouth day-to-day.

Here's an interesting thought. I went to a dairy to see how it runs it's operations. The dairy monitors very carefully how much food each cow eats. It measures the nutrients the cows eat.
This is so the cows will get as much milk production as possible, and that they remain healthy. Not only do they measure their food consumption, but they measure and record the amount of milk each cow produces.

If a dairy farm measures, then records the food each of it's cows consumes, then why can't we measure our food? Aren't we far more important than a bunch of cows? We sure seem to eat like them.

I wasn't being carefully with my food consumption over the years. I gained excessive poundage because of it.

Now, I am back on track. I will have to keep at this the rest of my life.

I don't think that many people are willing to do the things they must to lose weight. If they did, then we would see more people trying to lose weight.

It's not a one-two-three and it's off of you kind of thing losing weight. It's actually very difficult.

I've overcome many hurdles doing this. I still have a few more to go.

My Gauntlet Is Coming This Week
I am going with family to Oklahoma for my niece's wedding. We are going to be driving out there in a caravan. We will be spending the nights in hotels. This is going to put a strain on my will to eat like I have been by myself. I will be with people who don't exercise restraint when it comes to their food consumption.

Not only this, but there will be lots of food to consume during my niece's wedding. The temptation to over eat on this one day will be strong.

It only takes messing up one day to blow the show. Yes, If I over eat one day, then I can add back on poundage. It may not be permanent. It may just be waste products. But, that extra food will surely show over the following days on my scale.

I will carry my food log with me. And, I will carry my scale.

I am not leaving until Wednesday. Then I will be out in the gauntlet for seven full days. Let's see how I do.

Counter when I when I posted this blog today: 4032

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...