Friday, July 25, 2008

I Am Keeping That Target In Range

Hello weight losing fans...

I am going to make a real quick post here. I am off to the county fair. I love seeing the farm animals.

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.4-pounds. That's back under the 180-target.

That was fast. I took me all of three days to get back down to this point.

Now, I surely would have been worse off than this if I wasn't keeping track of all the food that I eat. I would surely be worse off if I wasn't able to weigh myself everyday like I did while I was in Oklahoma.

This is what it takes to maintain the weight loss targets. I can't go a week without weighing myself.

It's surely a nutty way to live. However, we do balance our check books. We try to keep records of other things in our lives. Why not keep careful records of our food consumption?

Is this any less important? I know that it really is hard to break the habits of over eating that is a custom with many people. I have a tendency still to eat more than would be beneficial.

This morning I went to work. There on the table in the break room were two dozen donuts, and two containers of chocolate chip cookies. I had eaten breakfast already. When I got to work, I was hungry again. I was sorely tempted to dive into those goodies.

I held out until I returned back to the break room four hours later. Then one of the ladies bit a cookie and asked me if I want the other half. I ate it.

That was it though.

So, here I am. I am heading back down again. When I get home I will see what the scale tells me. I won't use it as an official weight, but it will give me some idea how the day is going. And, I am sure it's going well, considering I ate what I was supposed to this morning.

Number counter when I finished posting today: 4370

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...