Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Those Transforming Words; Do They Really Get Results?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.2-pounds.

Didn't I write that it was just fluids? I thought I did. That's what it was. Here is why I knew that was the problem; I have been very careful with my calorie counting. I have been watching what I eat much more carefully than when I was trying to maintain my current weight. I have had to watch the demarcation line very carefully these last few weeks.

I have made a real big effort to avoid foods that have sugar, corn syrup, and sugary substances. I've absolutely avoided any candy, even pieces that I could suck on. I had a few small slices of pie over the Fourth of July Holiday, but that has been pretty much it for sugary products the last couple of weeks. I even left those cinnamon sugar rolls alone that are sitting inside of my refrigerator. Shucks, I did have a small piece of chocolate on the Fourth. (I'm such a good boy.)

Yes, I have had some bread, perhaps a slice per meal. I have had some potatoes and French Fries. I went to Wendy's the other day and gave half of my French Fries to my friend that was sitting with me. I have had some carbohydrates, only in smaller portions per meal.

I've been doing things like: If I've been served a baked potato with my meal, then I'll cut it in half and toss away that half I don't eat, or give it to someone. I have sliced the mashed potatoes in half and left half of them behind. I have been doing stuff like that.

As you can see the results are showing themselves.

The only thing about this that has me just a bit miffed is: Had I followed this pattern all along, I wouldn't have regained that 10-pounds. As a result, I would probably be down to around 170-pounds right now. Oh well, we live and we learn. Hopefully we do.

My Transformation Process Is Guaranteed To Solve All Behavioral Problems
I am going to get rich. I have a guaranteed Word Transformation Program that will help you lose weight.

Today I was listening to the radio and a commercial came on. The commercial was developed by a Behavior Transformation Therapist.

In the commercial the announcer asked something like this: "Is your child acting out with defiant behavior? I'll give you the words that will end this defiant behavior." (Oh really?) This is of course an abbreviated version. But, this is the sum and substance of what this character is saying.

Gee I would love to know the words to say to that teenager that tells you to "F..... Off and Die."

I can only imagine the amount of money that is wasted by parents that are pushed to the brink of desperation by that child, or children and they then purchase this program. Their hope being they will get those key words that will immediately stop that child in his tracks.

I certainly hope they are words like, "Now you're going to die you punk."

Now, I am highly critical of this nonsensical commercial because words by themselves don't do anything. This is contrary to what the charlatans in the spiritual movements and self help movements would have anyone believe. Words don't do anything unless they are followed up by appropriate action. The words describe the action, and the action produces the results.

And, of course unless you are God, you can't do anything just by saying it. The last time I checked only God could say let there be light, and then there was light. When I say let there be light, I had better flip the light switch on the wall, or I'll be sitting in the dark.

Try it. Say, I am thin, I am thin, I am thin. I wish I were thin, I wish I were thin. Unless you take the steps that being thin describes, you aren't going to get thin. Your words are only a step in the initiation process that describe what the results will ultimately be. That is given the processes and appropriate action is taken.

Words + Actions = Results
And, actions done to you, like getting locked in a room and fed under the door = results. You can say I don't want to, but if you're taken away against your will, you still get results. Although they might not be what you hoped for.

I'm going to give you words that are gauranteed to get you results. Yes, you better write them down now and remember them. This is a one time free offer that's absoulutely gauranteed to get you those results.

Commercial Break: Are you having problems with excesive body fat? Are you standing up in front of the mirror and seeing a few extra bulges in your dress? Is your body not cooperating with you and making you fat?
I'm David Dane, and I am a Behavior Expert. I'll give you the words that will totally transform your life. You won't have any more problems with excessive body fat. When I give you these words, your body will immediately respond with the results you want.

Are you Ready? Here they are: "Eat Less Food."

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

A said...

180.##? So close... so close! You moved a month; you are where you were in November.

You are so correct: we need to have long-term confidence when we know what we are doing is the right thing.

Dinahsoar said...

Congratulations...you're back at 180...now you've got the steam to continue on..way to go!

Yes...eating less food will do it every time.

David Dane said...

Thanks dinah, and resilient hawk

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...