Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Breaking Dead Even With 180-pounds

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180-pounds.
This is up from yesterday.

I am not worried about this because I weighed myself when I got home from work. I weighed in at 180.6-pounds. This is after having all my meals for today, and drinking all the fluids I drank.
This means that tomorrow morning when I weigh myself I will be under 180-pounds again.

Woman Laughing In Disbelief
This afternoon I was sitting at a table with a bunch of woman who were all senior citizens. We were all having lunch together. They paid for my meal, fish with potatoes, and mixed vegetables.
How nice...

One lady couldn't finish her pork slices, and asked me if I would eat them. I told her sure. Then the other women started offering me their left over food too. I said that's too much food even for me. I am watching my calories and I am on a diet I said. Well, one of the woman said oh and you're a part time comedian too.

I said no, I am serious, I said I was huge two years ago. They didn't believe me. They could not believe that anyone could lose so much weight and keep it off. They also couldn't believe it because I look real good this way. (No modesty here.)

Well, we had the usual discussions about calories, and what I was doing writing everything down. And, I have written about what others have said before as well.

All the conversations end up the same. Basically everyone finally admits that it's too hard to count calories. They admit it's too hard to write down what they eat. It's just too hard.
This explains why all the women at the table were over weight with chins that disappeared years ago.

This is the dilemma most people find themselves in these days. They don't want to do what it takes to have the kind of success I have had losing weight. They realize instinctively that if they were to go on a diet to lose weight, they would have to sacrifice those goodies. Yep, and it's not easy to do.

However, as usual, I will write, it takes time. It's not easy. It's down right frustrating to the core of my being. However, I have been at this now for two years. I have learned to do the same things everyday. I have become a food hawk. I watch what I eat very carefully.

I may not always stick to my own program either. But, I have it written down anyway. I can see where I blew the calorie counts. I can see the kind of food I ate that contributed to my failures.
Then I can adjust.

I do the things most people won't do. This is why it's been two years now of weight loss success. This is why I have now kept 60-pounds off for a year. This is why I could go out and eat like a little piggy around Thanksgiving day, and still weigh in at 180-pounds less than one week later.

Do I starve myself to death? Nope, I don't. Do I skip meals? Only if I exceed my total calorie count. Then I don't consider it skipping a meal. I consider it a time delay until I eat again.
Have I had my days where it's been a wipe out? Oh, you bet I have.

I get hungry just like you. I get frustrated just like you. I want to eat chocolate, cakes, and ice cream just like you. I want to eat that extra piece of pizza just like you.

I am no different than you. God didn't give me any special powers, that you don't possess.
I just fought with myself to excerpt my will in this one particular area of my life.
I still have other areas I want to change. But, one thing at a time.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...