Saturday, December 27, 2008

December 27, 2008; I'm Less Weight Than Last Year.

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.6-pounds.
That's down a little tiny bit from yesterday.

On December 27, 2007 I stepped onto the scale at 182.6-pounds. This is an improvement over last year. I am again holding the line.

Like always, I face the usual temptations of the Christmas season. I am in the house of chocolate and sweets are all around me.

Hey, I didn't become immune over night to the temptations to eat goodies. If you are honest with you, you haven't either. My goodness, it makes me crazy when I see these people who are so strict with their food consumption.

I have never written don't eat sugar. I said cut it down as far as possible. I think I have written before it's nearly impossible to eliminate sugar out of the diet. That is unless, someone is actually eating a strict Doctor Atkins's diet.

I know that I couldn't maintain it forever. I wish I could follow around some of these weight loss gurus and see what they eat throughout the day. Would we go into a Denise Austin's home and not find a bag of Doritos?
I wonder.

Day-in-and-day-out we all face our challenges. As the mental and emotional pressure builds, up goes the temptation to eat. Sometimes we eat because we're bored. We don't know what to do with ourselves. There are all kinds of reasons we eat.

It's normal. What? It's normal to want to over eat. What? Isn't it an out of control undisciplined fat person? What are you talking about?

Nope, it may not be. I don't know anyone who's normal that likes being overweight. Like me, some people may have reached a point where giving up is the answer. The mental and emotional excursion isn't there anymore. The thoughts run through the mind, "What's the use?"

Well, I haven't given up. I will get off the poundage. I am lower than this time last year. I have held the line one more year. I think that's pretty good.

It's one day at a time. It's one day at a time for you and for me. Hey, you didn't get over weight over night. What makes you think that over night you'll get the weight off?

Maybe you are one of those really strong willed people who doesn't need inspiring. Well good. Go read some other blog.

If you are like me, you just might need a small spark of inspiration.
I kept off 60-pounds this last year.
I went a little out of control during part of May, and June. That's because I had a real bad cold, and trying to watch what I eat, and fight the cold wasn't working.

I regained my composure. Got back up onto the wagon, got back down to 180-pounds, and have held that line.

I lost sixty, and have kept it off. I haven't killed myself to do it. It's tedious. I am constantly watching what I eat. Yes, I even watch the chocolate. This is so I know where I messed up.



Number counter when I finished today's thoughts: 8403

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

carla said...

such a good post---and I dare think NO on the doritos?

but Im snarky that way :) I think that she and otherfitnessgurusnottobenamed really ARE that hardcore and, IMO, they mightshould let loose sometime :)

life is too short.

MizFit, who has lottsa oreos but no doritos. not at fan.

Dinahsoar said...

Me too--though I haven't reached my desired weight, I do weigh less this Christmas than I did last Christmas--about 6 pounds less. And I'm happy with this result. Had I not travailed as I have there's no doubt in my mind I'd have weighed as much as last year and then some. There is something to be said for persevering.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...