Friday, December 26, 2008

Slid In Under 180-Pounds The Day After Christmas; And Better Than Last Year

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.8-pounds.

Whoo Hooo... I just missed that 180-pounds.

There's a real good reason I am at this weight today. Yesterday I celebrated Christmas. I ate, and ate. I ate a plate full of food, and I ate sweets like pie, and cheese cake.

I enjoyed the day for sure. Last year at this time I was a few more pounds. Last year, December 26, 2007 I was 183.8-pounds. This means I have held the "Fort" for one more year.

I went back to read my post for the day after Christmas from last year. My thoughts today aren't too much different than they were last year.

I am still planning to write those posts that will shock you. Oh yeah, it's emotions that get us into motion. That's sales 101. Find the prospect's hot buttons, and then close the sale.

My sales pitch is this: "Eat Less Food."

Oh drat, there he goes again. What's so motivational about that? It's worse reading that, than hearing a bad pick-up line at the bar.

Well Mr Dane, you didn't eat less food yesterday. From what I can tell you have been eating way more than I ever have. You oinker...

Hmmm... Look at the days that led up to yesterday, and then look at the days which will follow. If you have been paying attention, last week I hit a new record for this two year old weight loss season. I was at 174-pounds. That lasted a day, but I got there.

I must have been doing something to get there. I must have been careful about what I ate up until now.

Oh, I am 5.8-pounds over that 174-target. I am now shaking in my shoes at the prospect I am regaining weight. NOT!

Hey, I enjoyed the day. I am not going to hang my head feeling a needless sense of guilt and shame. It doesn't do anyone any good anyway.

I still think I have to continue the weight losing battle. I still remember what it was like to be over weight and my clothes didn't fit. I still remember how miserable I felt. I remember.

I still have the motivation. I still plan to get to 160-pounds. I still have people telling me that I don't need to lose more weight. I still have people telling me that I would look too skinny.

It doesn't matter ultimately what anyone thinks. It matters what I think.

The same thing goes for you. There is one thing you can't afford to be when it comes to losing weight, and that's being a "People Pleaser."

If I had depended on peoples ideas and opinions about losing weight, then I never would have lost weight. If I had depended on people to give me motivation to lose weight then I never would have lost the weight that I did.

People can't be inside your head. It's you up in your own head. It's time you start to govern those thoughts about what you eat.

My plan was simple. I didn't pick out a particular food to eat. I ate them all. I just ate less of it that's all. "I Ate Less Food."

How much less food you have to eat is going to be up to you to decide. I can't judge the situation for you. But, if I locked you in a room and fed you under that door, I bet I could get you to lose weight.

My thought is this: I hope you had a very nice Christmas.

It's not going to kill you to chow down on one or two more Christmas cookies. Only, remember to write it down. Remember that if you eat that big cookie, then something else has to go.
Gee, you might have to skip that hamburger for lunch.

Substitution is one of the things I do. If I have eaten to much of one thing, then I skip the next thing. I have skipped dinner after eating a big piece of cake for lunch.

Remember that this "weight loss thing" as people have called it is a life long exercise in self restraint. I realized that when I embarked on this endeavor, and then actually saw success, that for the rest of my adult life I will have to continue to use the same restraints.

If I don't continue to restrain myself. If I don't continue to watch what I am doing. If I don't keep at it, then the results that will return will be a disaster.

I have heard, and I have read, critical commentary about people who have gone on diets. The "Nay Sayers" would have us believe that once someone loses weight that it can't be maintained.

I and I have heard, and I have read, about people who can't keep the weight off.

OK, that doesn't have to me me. I found the source of my problem. I ate too much food. That's it in a nutshell.

The solution to that is "EAT LESS FOOD." It's an easy concept to understand, but it's oh so difficult to implement. It's hard to lose weight. It's hard to keep the weight off.

Just the other day I got an E-mail from an old friend. She told me she lost over 40-pounds doing weight watchers. She then regained 60-pounds. Her reason was, "She's an emotional eater."

Oh, how many times I have heard that phrase, "I'm an emotional eater." I am too. I love the taste of food. I love to eat. It provokes emotions in me to eat as well.

I am not different. Only, the consequences of me gaining back all that weight is something that provokes emotion in me too. I don't want to go back to that place. I don't want to live in the "land of the preponderant man."

I am going to wrap this up... Here it is just over two years ago that I decided to lose weight. I didn't have any idea what I was going to do. I found "Lean Cuisines" for sale at the Target store. I bought a freezer full. I ate one "Lean Cuisine" for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. By the time all of those meals were gone. I found out I lost weight.

The rest is history. I have written this all before. It's nothing different. But, I have held this "Weight Loss Line." I have kept at it.

My findings have been that most people would have quit by now. More than half of the people who lose weight regain it. I think the numbers are higher than that.

In the future, if you want to read more drab and dribble then by all means read this blog. It's going to be the same. If you want something more exiting, then read something else.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...