Monday, December 1, 2008

Weights Up: Gotta Close My Mouth

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.2-pounds.
That's down from yesterday's 183.8-pounds.

Oh David... What happened? Thanksgiving happened, and the left overs that I ate the next day happened. Ouch... I must admit, I winced when I stepped onto the scale when I saw those numbers. I didn't expect that I would. However, I was getting giddy when I hit 175-pounds a few weeks ago. Well, here it is, I'm back up 178.2-pounds over that record.

I will have to admit that's regained poundage. I went back into my food logs and carefully calculated what I ate Thanksgiving day. I had two overfilled plates of stuffing, turkey, and other foods. Then I consumed two different pies, and a cup filled with ice cream. That totalled up to as far as I could calculate to three times my normal calorie consumption for the day. I calculated 4,800 calories. Then next day I ate twice as many calories as I had planned. Then Saturday, and Sunday I blew past my calorie counts by as much as 750 calories.

Yesterday I went to a Christmas party. I ate like a normal human being until I got a fork full of the chocolate cake. It was good, and it had this real thick coating of chocolate cream frosting on it.
I ate three of those pieces of cake, at of course the continuous urging of the hostess who would not let up. She had the big cake she wanted gone, and she didn't want to have it go to waste.

So, I ate it, and ate it again. I calculated each piece to be 400 calories. That might be conservative considering the thickness of the frosting. The frosting was loaded up with sugar to sweeten it.

Today, I am back home and I am away from the "House-of-chocolate" and the perpetual temptations to eat all the goodies. I turned down the hostess from the party who offered to let me take home the rest of the cake. That would have been too much for me to resist.

I want to see some progress here getting back under 180-pounds. I don't want to see that scale ticking up higher than it already has. It's safe to say I ate much more than the additional 3,500 calories necessary to add a pound of fat. This is why I am where I am now.

But, am I worried? NO... It's back to the same routine. I can go back down under 180-pounds. I just have to say no to the extra goodies. I have to keep my calorie counts down. That's all.

Oh, by the way, I loved every bite of that food. It was so yummy.

Number counter when I finished this post today: 7663

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

A said...

I have three letters for you: COD.

;)

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...