Monday, January 19, 2009

Answering The Comments Of Another Successful Weight Loser

Hello weight losing fans...

This is part-two of my posts today. My weights on the blog-post below. Oh argh for that...

I was unbelievably hungry last night and had some food late. As you can tell, that was in my belly.

I got a comment back from Jimmy Moore: the man who lost 180 pounds. I clipped it and added it in this post:

Jimmy Moore Commented:

THANKS for the link to my "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog, David! Being on the Atkins low-carb lifestyle has become "normal" for me over the past five years since I lost 180 pounds on it. It's my permanent and healthy lifestyle change dedicated to making my health and weight manageable instead of the out-of-control state it was in when I weighed in at 410 pounds in 2004. While it may seem like you "give up" lots of foods such as birthday cake, the fact of the matter is you don't miss 'em once you start this plan, follow it exactly as Dr. Atkins prescribed, and then DO IT. Millions of people are enjoying the benefits of livin' la vida low-carb and will be for the rest of their long and healthy lives. Thank you again for the link and I wish you well in your journey!

I appreciate this man's diligence in writing back to me so quickly. He seems to be on top of his game when it comes to keeping up with his many web-sites.

Again I am linking to something else he writes: It's Jimmy Moore's blog site. From this link you can get to Jimmy's profile and then navigate from there.

It's obvious to me Jimmy is committed to sharing his experiences losing weight with people.

I am committed to seeing at least one life turn around. Perhaps he can inspire someone to lose that weight once and for all.

As I have written many times before, I have used the low carbohydrate diet program advocated by the Doctor Atkins's People. I have his books.

It's obvious the lifestyle change works as in Jimmy's Case. This might be something you ought to try as well.

But, I must give you some fair warning. There is no cheating on this program. If you do, then you won't see the results that are promised.

Jimmy claims if the Doctor Atkins's Diet, which is actually called the Atkins Nutritional Approach, is implemented properly, then there won't be any desire to consume sweets at all anymore. For me, I wish that were true.

I have known many people who lost many pounds using the High Protein, Fat Diet Program. Yet they, like me, still desire to eat something like a crispy cream donut.
I have watched people crash and burn after implementing the Doctor Atkins's Nutritional Approach.

This isn't to say that the diet is not healthy. It's not to say the diet can't be lived out, and the lifestyle followed. I will say it's a rigid food program.

I have the book Diet Atkins's revised. They have updated much of the philosophy surrounding the Diet Atkins's Diet. The new authors are from the Doctor Atkins's Diet foundation.

They like me wrote about consuming as much as a cup of green vegetables per day. They also wrote about adding in those healthy carbs.

That said, forget that donut. There isn't any room for that big glazed blueberry donut in this program. Processed sugars are off limits, as well as many other processed carbohydrates.

Also, the amount of food consumed has to be limited. Again, even with the Doctor Atkins's Nutritional Approach moderation is the key to success.

I wish, I wish, having been on the Atkins's Diet, I could say I never yearned for my mother's homemade stuffing on Thanksgiving Day. I wish I could say, I never wanted to eat a big pile of potatoes during a dinner. Alas I did. And I wanted my Ice Cream too.

If you can stick completely to this new diet life style, then go for it. For me, it's just out side of my desires. I like a bowl of ice cream sometimes.

I will also say, having lost 60-pounds, I have had the desired results that are espoused by the Doctor Atkins's people. My cholesterol dropped. My blood pressure dropped. My blood sugar dropped. My heart-rate dropped. I sleep better at night. I feel much better. I could go on with the benefits.

It's the amount of food we eat that gets us into trouble. I have proven that over these last two years.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...