Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Calorie King - Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.6-pounds.
That's up.

Before I left the house this evening to post I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 180-pounds. This was after having eaten my breakfast and lunch, along with many cups of fluids.

I may be high again tomorrow though. I had two cups of vegetables, (green beans, and sauerkraut), along with 1/2 cup of fruit cocktail, and two scoops of vanilla protein. This will add about one more pound inside of me. I am not so sure that will be gone when I weigh in officially in the morning after I crawl out of bed.

We will see.

The Calorie King Calorie Fat & Carbohydrate Counter
Two days ago I purchased at the book store a new more in depth calorie counter.
I had one that I picked up two years ago, and only paid 99 cents for it.

This new book cost me $9.00. You can purchase it on Amazon.com for just over $5.00.
If you click the link on the top of my web page you can get it from the Amazon Store.

I like this new little book. I tried to get a picture of it to put in this post, only I couldn't figure out how to get it to link. I have had my friend help me in the past. Only, if he's not around I can't remember how he's done it.

This compact 4 inch by 6 inch rectangle is about 300 pages loaded with information about counting calories, and carbohydrate points for you weight watchers out there.

Enclosed you will find a restaurant guide for over 200 nation wide restaurants. These include the fast food joints like Taco Bell, McDonald's, Culvers, Burger King, Country Buffet, and other big name national chain restaurants.

In the opening pages I found advice about how to diet which included:
  • Weight Control Tips
  • Body Fat Distribution
  • Calories & Weight Loss
  • Portion Control
  • Recommended Fat Intake
  • Hints To Reduce Fat
  • Carbohydrate Tips
  • Sugar Consumption Advice
  • Tips for Overweight Kids & Parents
  • Sample Meal Plans
  • Exercise And Weight Control
  • How To Reshape Eating Habits
  • The Value Of A Food Journal
  • Diabetes Guide
  • Diabetes Menu Planning
  • Carbs & Glycemic Index
  • Calcium & Osteoporosis
  • Alcohol Guide

Following those opening pages and topics there is a very in depth guide to calorie counting many name brand foods, along with their portion sizes. Along side each item is it's name brand picture.

If you are a "die-hard Atkins Fan", or a "diligent Weight Watcher," along side the calorie counts are the numbers you need to count those Fat-Grams, and Carbohydrates.

Are you going to that open Buffet Tonight?
Carry this handy guide in your pocket to figure out how much damage you're going to do to your diet.

Are you yearning for a large chocolate bar?
Open up this handy guide and at least figure out before hand what you are ready to consume.
Perhaps if you look before you buy you will change your mind.

Did you want to order take out at that Chinese Restaurant?
Open this handy guide and figure out what you and that significant other are going to consume.
Then in a year you can look at each others bulging bodies and know you knew what you were doing when you chowed down on that Sweet & Sour Pork.

This handy guide will be my new companion from now on. With it, there isn't any fruit, vegtable, pasta, candy bar, or cookie that I can't zero in on for that calorie count.

Finally the author like me, advocates keeping a food journal. We both agree that if there is any doubt to the portions, then it should be measured or weighed.

I think if you really want to change your life style, and you are looking for a good reference companion to help you figure out what you are doing, then the Calorie King should be something you ought to consider buying.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane


No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...