Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NO Super Bowl Blow Out Meal For Me

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180-pounds.
On this same day last year January 28, 2008 I was 178.6-pounds. That's up from last year; not by much.

Didn't I write yesterday that I would not bet that I would stay below 180? That certainly would have been a bad bet.

How To Survive That Big Television Event
I am visiting a family members home. She clicked on the TV near by the computer. One of the topics being so boldly discussed on a morning show is how to deal with those "Super Bowl temptations."

I have a quick answer for that question, or statement. Here it is: Stick to your diet.

Hey, we the preponderants seem to believe we can eat everyday as if it's a holiday. Well, I beg to differ with that notion. The reason I have excessive fat around my middle is because I thought that I could eat just like I could when I was twenty.
Over the years that over eating added up.

If I get back into the habit breaking my rigid food consumption every time there is a special event. Then it certainly won't be long before I begin to play catch up.

The same goes for you. You can't afford to deviate.

I am not a big sports fan. I think I may have sat with friends to watch maybe 4 Super Bowls in my life time. I am not fascinated with the game.

I also resent that men get paid so much money for something that to me has very little redemptive value.

I resent people pouring so much effort into the sporting events. I especially resent all the money that is stolen from tax payers so that big stadiums can be built.

That's all my thinking. However, I don't want to be big and round anymore. Therefore, my decision is to skip the big eating that comes along with the "Super Bowl."

But, you go ahead and eat that giant hamburger, and the bag of potato chips, all the side dishes, etc, etc. We'll see what you weight over the following days.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...