Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm Better Than Last Year

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing 181-pounds.

Oh David, what have you done? Weren't you at 174-pounds? What happened? Oinker, you are....

Me: Relax, I stepped on the scale at 179.2-pounds just before I came to write this post today.
Tomorrow, I will be back under 180-pounds.

Apparently what I have been writing all along seems to be true, "One or two days of feasting a diet does not break."

Let us not forget, I've been at this now for about two years, and two months. Oh, and let's not forget on this day last year, I was 183.6-pounds. So I am down two pounds from last year.

I also saw that on January 2, 2008 I was 186-pounds. So, I think I am doing pretty good here.
I am less than this time last year.

I kind of know what I am doing.

Speaking of which, knowing what you are doing that is, are you making your weight loss diet program simple to follow?

Here is what I mean: Are you looking at the portion sizes that you eat regularly and trying to figure out how to get them just a little bit smaller?

Here is what I mean: Instead of eating that whole tube of Pringles Potato Chips, just eat 15 for a total calorie count of 150 calories, instead of 1000 calories for the tube. Yep the tube of Pringles Potato Chips is over 1000 calories.

Here is what else I mean: Don't waste your $12 to $15 dollars at the local buffet. Avoid the buffet all together, unless of course you plan on only eating really small portions of everything. Then even that's too tempting.

Here is what else I mean: You need to write everything you eat down. You have to try to guess the portions sizes. Compare the meat portion to a deck of playing cards. Compare the mashed potatoes to a golf ball, or tennis ball. Try to estimate is this 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, or 1 cup.

You know what else I mean: You need to pay attention to everything you eat. Yep, if you are serious about getting off those pounds, then you have to keep an eye on everything you stuff into your mouth.

That's what I mean.

Oh, but David, you are just so boring. Yep, I am. Hey Denise Austin has some great exercise videos on You Tube, go watch them. Don't concern yourself with my dribble.

Yes, losing weigh is monotonous for sure. It's so mundane you know.
Hey I agree. Only, no one stuffed your mouth full so you got to looking like a beach ball. You did that.
And only you can undo the damage. Yes, only you.

It's like quitting the other bad habits we have. Oh how dare you write that. Over eating isn't a bad habit.

Me: It's a habit. What makes it bad is the results. In this case the habit is stretching out your shirt and pants.

Do you know what I mean?

One day at a time. One bite at a time. That's the only way you are going to lose the weight. And, if you are a real buffalo weight wise, expect to take a long time to get it off. I mean a long time.

People fail when they expect too much, too soon. I don't know why anyone would think he/she should lose more than a pound, (maybe two) a week. Most people didn't put on weight that fast. That's right. Your weight gain was a slow progression. Most people only gain about 2-3 pounds every six months. This means most people are only putting on ounces each week.

Then suddenly they expect to lose all the weight in a six month period. Here is what is so sad: The ghouls in the weight loss industry put out those kinds of expectations. I was looking at an add in a magazine that read "lose 10-pounds in one month."
What?

Yeah lose that kind of weigh month in an month out. We'll be going to your funeral. That's
because the heart muscle will quit.

I haven't written this statement in a while: "Don't kill yourself trying to lose the weight."

Don't make up these goals, plans, resolutions, etc... for the New Year that really don't make sense.

If you can lose about a pound a week, that would be ideal. So, if you are like I was, I lost 60-pounds in one year. That was just a little over one pound per week that I lost.

I didn't starve myself physically to do it. Oh, I felt like I was starving. That is only because my body was in the habit of being fed until it was satisfied.

I had to stop eating until the hunger disappeared. If I ate that much food, it was too late. I had already consumed too much.

I had to predetermine ahead how many calories I could consume for the day. Then I ate accordingly.

That's not too complicated is it? You can do that, right? Maybe you can't.

OK, that's too complicated. Eating less is way too hard. OK, then do the low carbohydrate diet. Yeah that will do it. I did that. I lost weight. It's still comes down to portion sizes.

OK, do some other fad diet. Let's see if you can maintain that.

Nope you won't, the only thing that can really be maintained is, "EAT LESS FOOD."

Go ahead, try it. I mean really do it. I'll bet you'll lose weight.
Oh, and believe me, I hated having to do it that way. I like to eat too.

Number counter when I posted this: 8585

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Winivere said...

I have no idea why men want to get so skinny. How tall are you to want to get down to 170? Are you still going by the old weight-height scale? There is a new one by age.
XX

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...