Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hey I Didn't Make Up The Height And Weight Charts

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.4-pounds.
OK, that's up over the 174-pounds I hit over a week ago.
Ah, but it's better than this time last year. Last year on January 4, 2008 I was 185-pounds.

I thought for sure I was going to be less than this today. I forgot late last night I was chomping on carrots. I had a big bag of carrots in the bottom of my refrigerator that were beginning to go bad.
Late last night I decided since I could not sleep I would salvage what was left of the carrots, cut them up, and store them in cold water.
As I was cutting them up, I was chewing on some.

Someone Asked Why Do Guys Want To Get So Skinny?
Today I opened my blog to find this question in the comments :
" I have no idea why men want to get so skinny. How tall are you to want to get down to 170? Are you still going by the old weight-height scale? There is a new one by age. "

Here's my answer. First; I have a fat mid-section. This is fat, and fat does not convert to muscle. Fat must be burned off. Second; I did consult recent height and weight charts, and BMI charts.

According to the charts, and the Body Mass Index (BMI) charts, I am still considered to be overweight. I have a Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale that tells me my BMI. It confirms that I am at between 24.5 % - 26% body fat. This is considered over weight.

Here is what the insurance health charts (current) for my age want for a 5' 10" male:
5' 10"
144-154 -small frame
151-163 -medium frame
158-180 -large (heavy) frame

I have what is considered a small frame.

Are you aware that the insurance industry rates people according to a standard like this? I am considered overweight by the standards of the insurance industry.

I am not being some neurotic person regarding my weight. I am being careful not to over due this weight loss project of mine. I am also aware that many people who attempt to lose weight do so in a destructive manner.

For example: A woman where I work who isn't much older than I am lost a tremedous amount of weight. She looked great. I wondered how she lost so much weight so quickly. She ate frito chips three times a day. Now, that's absolutely idiotic. Not only so, but she is putting that weight back on again. The first place it's showing is inside her gut (stomach).

I am sure to eat plenty of protein. I eat my greens. In fact, on most days I eat at least one cup of green beans each day. Lately, I have been eating saurekraut on most days as well.

These foods provide bulk to keep me from being excessively hungry, and they provide me with fiber. You know why that's good I am sure.

It seems my body has set itself here at the 180-pounds that I acheived just over a year ago. I just eat on most days around 1,500 calories each day, and then here I sit at 180.

I have tried for over a year to break through and get down to around 170-pounds. There have only been a few days that I got under 175-pounds.

This is where my body wants to be. To be honest, I like it here. I certainly feel much better than I did this time two years ago.

Number counter when I finished todays post: 8620

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...