Thursday, January 22, 2009

More Thoughts About Embarking On The Atkins Nutritional Approach

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 180.6-pounds.
That's down from yesterday morning.

I don't know how it will look in the morning tomorrow. I had a extraordinary lunch today.

More Reading In The Atkins Book
Last night I did some more reading in my Atkins's Book. I was reading when someone embarks on the Atkins Nutritional Approach, he / she will have to give up forever the white processed flour, any kind of sugar, except from fruit, along with caffeine, etc.

Instead like Weight Watchers the Atkins People offer for sale Atkins Foods that are low in carbohydrates. Here is the problem. The food is more expensive than buying regular food.
Like Weight Watchers, the name on the package seems to dictate the price of the product.
Oh, and let's not forget, they sprinkle in some magic pixie dust.

I was also reading that once someone decides to do the Atkins diet, he / she is limited in the amount of carbohydrates they will eventually consume each day. It seems the average for most people is around 100 grams of carbohydrates.

That's not a lot of carbohydrates. Now, if someone keeps to eating fruit, and berries, along with nuts, 100 grams of carbohydrates can go along way. But, if you decide to eat some rice, or potatoes, you might get a cup of rice per day to eat.

It might be easier to use the Atkins Nutritional Approach to shave the pounds off. Then when the desired weight is achieved switch from counting carbohydrates to counting calories. This would include learning to count all calories, fat, protein, and carbohydrates.

I have been able to maintain my weight now for over one year. I do it by counting calories.

I could not stay with the Atkins program. It forbids ever eating a large blueberry muffin, or a piece of berry pie.

The reasoning is, "Well, you'll never crave sweets again." Ummm, excuse me, I haven't forgotten how delicious a blueberry pie with a big scoop of ice cream on top tastes like. All, the beef, and eggs in the world aren't going to make me forget that.



Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...