Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I Sure Wish Things were different.

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.2-pounds.

Whew... I thought I was toast a couple days ago with the 184.6-pounds. Do you remember that I wrote I had a bunch of corn bread for lunch one day, and that same night ate a chili hot dog? It only goes to show it was stuff waiting to leave.

On this day one year ago I was at 177.4-pounds. So I am off a couple pounds here. I am back under the 180-pounds target. That's a relief. Can I stay here? Ummm, I'm not taking bets on it.
I am back visiting the "House of Chocolate." This "House of Chocolate" Is my family members house. One never knows what I can get my sticky little fingers on here.

Oh those temptations,
What will I do?
My stomach cries out,
Feed me, feed me.
Every where I go,
And everywhere I see,
Those rich bounties of food,
Just for me.
My mind tells me,
"Don't you dare"
My heart says,
"Just a small portion,
Can't you spare?"
"It won't hurt you,"
So it says.
You can make up for it tomorrow.
Yet tomorrow never seems to be.

Oh, the struggle I go through.
The thoughts of how good it would be,
Only disaster looms ahead.
The digits tick up, and up.
Those pants, and shirts that will not fit.
The skirt that will not zip.
Yours not mine.

If wishes were true;
That song sung by the winsome cricket.
Seeing that star flying across the nighttime sky.
My thought of mounds of blueberry pie.
When my tastebuds were satisfied.
My stomach that no longer cries,
Feed me, feed me.
I am hungry.

That would be a wonderous day for sure.
When every mouthful no longer showed.
When I like every other human could be.
No longer running up that scale.
And fashion once again could be.

Alas it isn't true.
Food is my obcession.
Food is my dread.
Ah hah I say,
I can't eat that,
At least not today.

And in the late night shadows
On my pillow I lay,
Listening to rumbling,
And the growls,
The unsatisfied pain.
As I close my eyes,
In my my mind dance blueberry pies.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...