Friday, April 6, 2007

April 6, 2007

Well, did you purchase a note pad yet? Did you make some space in your computer for keeping records about what you ate today? I woke up this morning and weighed myself. I weighed in at 209.6 pounds. Now I am sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and writing.

If I was a manager and I was hiring someone to be a manager I would ask to see that persons food management records. What? How dare I? That’s right I would. I would also ask to see that person’s diary, and records. It’s because when a company is run it has to keep careful records. If someone can’t keep careful records then what could I expect him / her to do with my company? I’m not talking about discrimination. I am talking about being able to diagnose what’s going on.

Where were you and what did you do? My memory isn’t that good like it used to be. I used to keep careful records. Why did I quit? I guess I got lazy.

Last night I watched a video from NOVA. It was about the making of the new Joint Strike Fighter. Both the companies in the competition employed hundreds of people to build two prototypes. Well, so what? During every step of the manufacturing process every detail was documented. It was even filmed. When it came time to test the planes every single movement of the planes was recorded.

If it was important to record the making and testing of multi-million dollar airplanes, how important is it for me to keep a record of what I eat?

Why did I get so big? I can’t tell you. How did you get so big? Do you know? Do you care?

This morning (9:30 AM) I ate two fried pieces of bacon (80 calories), two scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa (290 calories) and four ounces of pink grapefruit juice (65 calories)

By the way I forgot to add something that I ate yesterday. I ate a fistful of trail mix (1 ounce 100 calories)

Did you eat a big blueberry muffin this morning? It’s OK. Did you write down the 600 calories? Don’t eat anymore until lunch. That’s it no more. So what if you get hungry? Look back on your records and tell yourself, “I already ate.”

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...