Thursday, April 5, 2007

Did you get the paper or journal?

April 5, 2007
Well, did you go get a spiral notebook or a lined journal to keep a record of what you ate? No, why didn't you? Are you serious about getting off the unwanted pounds? If you didn't get a journal ready, then at this time, you must not be ready to go for it and lose the pounds.

Let me tell you how I ended the day's food intake yesterday. I opened a 6 ounce can of tuna fish and then mixed in some mayonnaise with a quarter cup of shredded cheese. So one can of tuna (120 calories) plus one tablespoon of mayonnaise (100 calories) and the 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (100 calories). My total calorie intake for yesterday was 1,245 calories. Oh, I also had a shot of vodka (110 calories). By the way let me tell you something about alcohol. If you drink a lot of it, you'll get drunk. There... (I'm so profound.) And, I don't know if the tuna fish was dolphin free. Oh, and I don't know how much mercury was in it either.

WHOOPEE, you think. Who cares? Hey, you don't have to read this blog. And, I am letting you know, if you desire to lose weight you will have to do the same mundane, boring, redundant, peculiar, out of the ordinary things that I am doing. I warned you that's it's not going to be a cake walk. I just wrote a pun. Did you hunt down that calorie counter yet? The one I use is from the T-factor diet. It's a little calorie counter book with other information about the nutritional content of foods included. I got it cheap at the bargain bookstore.

I am going to tell you what I ate for lunch. A friend of mine and I went to Boston Market for lunch. I had the Day's special sandwich for $4.99. It was a 1/2 sandwich wheat roll (150 calories), with a few slices of turkey (100 calories), tomato (not many calories), some lettuce (not many calories) and mayonnaise (50 calories). The side dish was a whole pile of green beans. I had a couple of glasses of diet coke. That's it. I skipped breakfast because I got up later than I usually do.

Guess what? I walked away hungry. I didn't buy the big sandwich. I didn't try to fill every square inch of my tummy. I walked away. Now while I am blogging I have a tinge of hunger. Unfortunately I will (you will too.) have to get used to it. Do you think for one second I enjoy it? Oh, heck no I don't.

This morning I weighed myself at 210 pounds even. That's 30 pounds from where I started this adventure back in December of 2006.

Whoopee, yahoo, who cares? ME! Let me tell what losing 30 pounds is like. Take 3 ten-pound bowling balls put them in canvas bags and tie them to yourself around the waste, or strap them over your shoulders. How long could you walk around with those things on and not tire out? Well, that's what I felt like. Just think of the mass of those things. Bowling balls are more dense than fat. Imagine 3 ten-pound bags of fat hanging around the waste and shoulders. How convenient and comfortable would that be? Are you with me so far?

Some skinny guy that I work with made the comment to me, and I am paraphrasing, "I don't know how you could let yourself get like that." "Hey", I told him, "I didn't do it on purpose." That's right if you have a preponderance problem, you probably didn't do it on purpose either. It just happens.

In America there is an abundance of food. It's wonderful. However, most people aren't aware that they have an addiction to over eating. Many people consume more calories than they should to maintain a good weight for their height. I don't believe anyone deliberately makes himself / herself overweight. It just happens, unless of course, someone is getting himself ready to star in a Santa Claus story.

In my particular occupation I see a lot of over weight people. I see a lot of pretty young girls that could and should shed 20 to 30 pounds. I bet they don't know how. There's no one to show them how. There's no motivation to lose weight either.

About motivation; this is for you. Don't expect the world to stand up and go bravo you are losing weight. I guarantee they won't. Most people don't want to try. They think they can do it without keeping records. It's not true. If you don't know where you've been or what you did, then you won't be able to figure out where you are going. This is something that has to be monitored continuously. Get used to it.

Here's the end of the day meal. I had a Weight Watcher T.V. dinner SMART ONES. This particular meal was Fettucini Alfredo with broccoli flowers. It came in at 300 calories. It was a small pile of noodles in a very flavorful sauce, sprinkled with chunks of broccoli. Then I finished off a container of Plain Milk Yogurt (125 calories), and an eight ounce glass of whole milk (150 calories). That's it for the day for a grand total of 1,245 calories for this day. OK, I'm going to take a small nip of vodka later. That will add 110 calories.

I am going to tell you a story about what I saw today. I was outside of a well known coffee shop that's inside of a gas station. As I was filling I was staring in the window. They had a wide selection of baked goods inside of a plastic case. A very hot looking blond caught my eye. She was with her hot little friend. Blondie walked up to the case that had these giant sweet rolls inside. She reached in and grabbed one. That puppy was over 600 calories. The average woman shouldn't consume more than 1,800 calories a day. Now if that was her meal or a treat, how long do you think she could eat those things before she starts to split her bluejeans? She won't be able to for many years more that's for sure.

But, do you think she has any clue what she is doing to her self? No she doesn't. She would have been better off grabbing a piece of fruit. She could save herself a lot of trouble if she would start watching what she eats before she gets to the point she has to diet. Who will tell her? Will she even believe? I don't know.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...