Sunday, April 15, 2007

LOSING WEIGHT

If you want an easy economical way to lose weight, eat a TV dinner in the morning, eat a TV dinner at noon, and eat a TV dinner in the evening. This way the portions are carefully divided out, and you won't starve to death.
David Dane

Today I awoke and weighed in at 211.2 pounds. I am up 1.2 pounds from yesterday. For the week I am down.

Yesterday I went to the funeral of a friend's dad. I was treated to a very nice after funeral lunch. I ate 2 large portions of prime beef, a large slice of ham, some musticolli, carrots with brown sugar sauce. For desert I had a cup of vanilla Ice cream. Later I ate some shrimp tempera, with a baked potato, and green beans.

As I have been writing before, don't kill yourself to lose weight. I can eat anything that I want, but I have to reduce the amount of the portions.

Do remember losing weight is a life long commitment. I have been accused of being obsessed with food. Yes, I am obsessed with food, it's just I tell the truth.

Don't be fooled. I know people that every time I see them they are eating or drinking something. Food is everywhere. It's easy to forget that a long time ago food wasn't so easy to get at. Now there is cheap already prepared food. I am not knocking it. However, it makes it so easy to eat whenever we get hungry, or emotionally upset.

I am at a point now where I have hit a wall with my weight loss program. I am up and down. I can't seem to break that low barrier of 209 pounds. It was the same thing when I was at 231 pounds back in January 2007. It was the same thing when I was at 220 pounds two months ago. I would go up 3, 4, or 5 pounds and then I would come down. Then one day out of the blue the barrier would collapse and I would suddenly drop 10 pounds with hardly any effort. Well, I am at that point. I am at the 10 pound barrier. When it breaks suddenly I will be at 200 pounds.

Losing weight will probably be similar for you. You will hit plateaus and it will be days, and maybe weeks before you'll lose even a pound. Then suddenly you'll drop 5 or even ten pounds. I am not starving to death here. I am not avoiding totally a little treat here of there. You shouldn't either. You are human after all.

Just don't go out and eat a monster candy bar every day and then expect to lose weight. It won't happen for you.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...