Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Don't Panic, Weight Jumps Happen

I wrote in my blog yesterday that I weighed in at 205.4 pounds in the morning. Last night I stepped on the scale at 211 pounds. Woe! Where did that 6 pounds come from? Well, I made a point to drink one gallon of water yesterday. A gallon of water is eight pounds. I had a huge sandwich for lunch. That was probably a pound of sandwich there.

I hadn't used the bathroom that much. So, all that water and all that food was still inside me. This morning I stepped on the scale at 209 pounds. This means the food had not left me yet. It was still passing out of my colon.

It may take me a day or two to see that 205 pounds again. I don't think I added on four pounds of fat that quickly. Well, I hope I didn't anyway.

If I wasn't writing down what it is that I am eating I couldn't diagnose the problem. If I didn't weigh myself everyday I would never know that I am gaining or losing weight. There has to be some sort of system of monitoring to a weight loss program. People think they can wing it. You can't wing it. I have to keep on top of my diet constantly. You do too.

Years ago people used to write diaries. They kept records of the day. Somehow we got away from that. We depend too much on our memory. Losing weight is a process. Like any other process records have to be kept. It's like keeping a check book. The balance has to monitored at all times. Why don't we do that with our weight and our food consumption?

Get your diet log started. Start weighing yourself everyday. Find out what you should weigh and then decide that is where you want to be. Then, start a diet program to get there. Eat just enough calories to live and lose the excessive pounds. Exercise if you can. LOSE THE WEIGHT.
GET OFF THOSE UNWANTED POUNDS. You'll feel better if you do.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...