Saturday, April 28, 2007

You Can't Ever Quit Watching Your Weight

Today I was talking to a man who said he just has to lose 50 pounds and that's all. That's all? What makes him think that is all? Doesn't he know that the reason he is 50 pounds over where he thinks he should be is because he hasn't paid attention all this time to where he was before he gained all this weight?

Don't think when I get to my weight loss goal it's over. I am done, then I can go back to eating like a hog. You can't ever quit. I can't ever quit. I am a preponderant person. I tip the scales. If I ever get to where I wish I could be, the "Battle of the Bulge" will always have to be waged.

Once a diabetic, always a diabetic. And from that day forward under the watchful eye of a doctor the diabetic has to take his medicine, measure his blood sugar, and watch what he eats. Once a heart patient, always a heart patient. From that day forward the heart patient has to watch his diet, and take his medicine. Being preponderant isn't any different. Once a preponderant, always a preponderant. The preponderant person always, always, always has to be on the look out for what he / she is eating. It's now and forever.

Do I like that idea? Heck No I don't like it. But, if I ever expect to get to the weight I should be, I will always and forever have to watch my weight, and my food intake. I will always have to write down what I am consuming. This is forever, and ever, and ever.

Another thing, get it into your head what the excess poundage is. (This is unless you are a body builder with 100 pounds of muscle added to your frame.) It's fat. That's what the excessive weight is. It's fat. And, that fat has likely been on you for a long time.

Here is what I mean. The body regenerates it's cells. If cells die then the body replaces them. With fat I suspect it's different. Fat is stored sugar chains. It takes the body a lot of work to break up those sugar chains. If it has a ready source of sugar because you're eating a donut, it doesn't have to work at breaking up the fat. It just takes the sugar out of the big donut you're eating, or that giant stack of pancakes you just ate. Then when it has a problem with insulin immunity and it can't dispose of the sugar, it builds the chains of sugar in to fat. Then your body stores the fat out where the whole world can see it. It also layers that fat on your liver, and your heart, and the other vitals organs that you need to survive.

Did you ever wonder if when we look at that belly bulge, we aren't seeing last years Christmas party that you over ate at? Maybe we are seeing that quart of ice cream that you ate last summer. You think I am kidding.

Do people look at you and poke your stomach and say, "Hey that's Christmas of 2005 there isn't it?"

Wake up! You can't stay the same. If you do then you will go back to where you came from.

Today I woke up at two in the morning. I had to go to work by four o'clock. I ate two boiled eggs (140 calories), and three thin slices of ham (105 calories). Then I boiled two eggs to eat later (140 calories). For lunch I had a cold Chinese TV dinner (600 calories). When I got hungry I had an orange for a snack (80 calories), later when I was heading home I had another orange (80 calories). I had a liter of lemon lime flavored water that had artificial sweetener.

This morning when I woke up I weighed in at 205.2 pounds. That's up from yesterday. When I got home from work I weighed in at 205.2 pounds. I am pretty sure when I weigh myself in the morning I will be back under 205 pounds.

That's super as far as I am concerned. I am staying consistent here. I will get to 200 pounds very soon. I can't stop there.

I told someone today that I should be at 275 pounds. He thought that's ridiculous, "I will be nothing but skin and bones," he said. Well, what should I be? Should I have any fat on me at all? I have pondered this one. What's healthy? Excessive fat is healthy?

The reason I am where I am is because I had the notion that a little bit won't hurt. Like heck it won't. If my body is trained to go after the fat and I let it get away with being even a little fat, then I will go back to being fat. What? I said I will go back to being fat. That's because my body will adapt. It did before, and it will again. I have to get the fat off, and keep it off. That's it.

This is going to be take no prisoners. This means I will have to look thin. Oh, what a shame. I'll look skinny. How terrible.

I just had a woman, (who her self is preponderant) tell me she hates fat people. Well, how many more of those kinds of people are out there? Lots.

As I wrote before I am not doing this for a popularity contest. I am doing this for myself, my health, and my wellness. I can give a darn what everyone else thinks.

And don't let people lie to you and say, "well, you look OK." No you don't. If you have rolls and tight fitting clothing, then you are preponderant. That's it. Wake up and smell the coffee brewing. Quit living in denial and hoping by some miracle suddenly you'll be thin.

You won't get thin without sacrifice and suffering. That's the truth. Chew on that. I have to go. Bye for now.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...