Friday, August 3, 2007

Don't Be So Quick To Cut Up Your Stomach

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

I am back from Wisconsin for today. Tomorrow I am making another trip up there to another town. I will see if I can find a local library to blog on. It will be Saturday and that might be a difficult thing to find.

I was talking to my cousin yesterday. She was showing me pictures of her friends. She was showing me a picture of a woman who was pretty. She was obviously thin. She didn't look like a very happy woman.

I asked my cousin about her. She told me that I was looking at a bad picture of her. She said she is actually a very funny, happy woman.

She told me that the woman used to be very fat. I asked my cousin how this woman lost so much weight. My cousin told me that her friend had that stomach-by-pass surgery. As a result of the surgery my cousin's friend lost over 100 pounds.

Then my cousin told me that this woman had to adjust her diet accordingly. This woman had to reduce down her food portions, or she would get sick. She also told me that the woman had to go from eating three meals per day to eating four or five meals per day.

Then I asked my cousin why she didn't just eat less food. My cousin said that it was a psychological thing getting the surgery.

What? It's a psychological thing getting the stomach cut open and cut up just to lose weight? In other words this woman, and anyone else that has this butchery done to themselves would rather be cut to pieces and maimed for life instead of eating less food?

First of all the surgery didn't make this woman lose weight. All it did was reduce her stomach down and rearrange her bowels. The smaller portions of food, eating less food, caused her weight loss.

Get it straight. Just because someone is stupid and has stomach surgery doesn't mean he/she is going to lose weight because of it. It's the reduced amount of food that produces the weight loss.

God, I wish there was a law against this butchery. It is right out of the mind of Satan himself. I really believe that. Why? Because it's completely unnecessary. It results in other side effects that the doctors won't tell anyone. One of which is vitamin B deficiency.

Remember something from now: weight loss and all it's aspects has become an industry of it's own. This includes the many varieties of food that can be purchased, the many diet clubs that can be joined, and this surgery that is supposed to help someone lose weight. There is a lot of money being made because people are ignorant about how to lose weight. I know that I was.

Anyway, this woman had surgery, now for the rest of her life she will have to eat smaller portions of food. Never again will she be able to sit down and eat a big Thanks giving feast, or a big Christmas dinner and enjoy it. The only thing she'll be ready for now is to celebrate the fasting for Ramadan with the Muslims. Those "Wacko Jobs" the Muslims are sick people. Now she can join them.

Stomach-By-Pass-Surgery Will Fail
Let me tell you how the stomach-by-pass-surgery will be found to fail completely in the future. And they say it can't. It sure can. Here is how. The body adapts itself to adversity. Somehow built into us by God's natural law we can adapt to things.

When I lost all the weight that I did by eating smaller portions my body adapted. I found that over time I could not eat as much food as I did and not eventually feel stuffed and ill too. I guess my stomach shrank.

Now, if my stomach can shrink, it can also expand. The stomach that has been altered by surgery can stretch and expand. Over time that little pocket that the doctors made inside this woman's stomach will stretch. Oh it may take a long time but it can stretch.

Supposedly the hunger center has been altered and people who have had the surgery don't feel hungry anymore. Well, it's a lie. The body still sends out that signal: Feed Me.

Someone pointed out to me that people eat for different reasons other than because they are hungry. Well, I will admit that psychology plays a role in our adapting bad eating habits. Those bad eating habits contribute to our over eating.

So let's say this person gets that stomach surgery. Now, overnight he/she has to suddenly eat less food because their stomach no longer has the capacity to take in as much food. If this person had the habit of eating continuously, do you think he/she is suddenly going to stop eating continuously? Maybe for a while he/she might.

But, old habits die hard, and with that comes the compulsion that sets people up for failure or success. This woman who had her surgery, or this man who had the surgery has to learn how to eat all over again. They have to learn to eat smaller portions or they will spit up onto themselves.

That's right, another one of the side effects of this stomach-by-pass-surgery is irregular vomiting. The doctors don't tell you that do they? Do they tell someone that if they exceed the recommended portions they vomit uncontrollably? Off course they didn't, or they glazed over it in the counseling sessions. If there were any.

And someone who is a compulsive eater will just keep eating, but in smaller portions. That's because the hunger doesn't go away. What? The doctor said I won't feel hungry.

Are you kidding me? Are you nuts? The center that causes hunger is inside the brain, it's not inside the stomach. When the body needs nutrition, and food it sends out the signal: Feed me I am hungry. Then the body responds by triggering hunger pains.

The whole process for hunger and why we need to eat is far more complicated than the doctors let on. I know, I am going through living hell trying to lose weight.

So, to continue my story, the compulsive eater will continue to be compulsive up until the point in time he/she confronts the personal issues that make him/her compulsive.

Just keep eating and you'll get fat in spite of your stomach surgery. You'll just be stuffing your face more often and with smaller amount of food. That is of course until your stomach expands more. Then you'll be able to stuff in more food without vomiting as often.

Do you really think that I don't know what I am writing about? Do you really think that just because I don't have a PhD I don't know what I am writing about?
In the future I will be proved right.

You are going to hear about some man or woman who had stomach-by-pass-surgery and then ended up being fat again. Then suddenly you will hear about another man, or woman that had the stomach-by-pass-surgery and he/she too got fat again.

Then you'll remember: Hey, years ago some know-nothing-guy wrote on the Internet that stomach-by-pass-surgery will fail. He was right. How did he know? I just do.

I talk to people who have had the stomach-by-pass surgery. I listen to what I am told. I hear the stories about how people suffer because of the stomach-by-pass surgery.

It doesn't solve anything. If anything it creates more problems for someone than it solves. Oh, someone may lose a tremendous amount of weight. But, for the rest of their lives they will have deal with the idiosyncrasies that go with the surgery. And, they are not pleasant.

Who wants to throw up onto themselves if they overeat? Who wants to suffer from malnourishment because the body no longer functions normally? Who wants to be hungry after eating a tiny little meal?

Why do that surgery? I am warning you, you will be sorry if you do. And I think the doctors who perform it for weight loss should be lose their licenses. I mean that.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...