Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Eat Too Many Carbs

Hello weight losing fans...

Well, I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 187-pounds.
Oh, oh, me going up mommy. Oooooh.....

So what?

I can tell you what has done it. There are two things that have effected my weight: one, yesterday I had a thirst for beer so I drank two beers and a glass of wine, and I had too many carbs for lunch, French Fries, and a Chicken Sandwich.

Now, I haven't had beer in many months. In a post not so long ago I wrote that alcohol slows my weight loss progress. Well, since I haven't consumed any alcohol on a regular basis, I made a serious mistake thinking I could drink two beers and a glass of wine.
I made myself sick as a result of it. Yep, it did something to me and I found myself ill and in the bathroom.

I have become a lightweight. That's not so bad. I really should take it easier.

As for the other food that I have been consuming. I have been taking in much more carbohydrates than I usually do. No, I haven't been breaking the 1,500 calories, but, I have spiked up my sugar levels with the extra carbs. This does effect weight loss in my case.

So what do I do? Umm, just keep going that's all.

I guess the really great thing about what I am doing for myself is I am not promising anyone anything. I am not paying some dues somewhere and paying penalties if I gain the weight.

If you don't like my attitude, Umm, go stuff yourself with a Subway Sandwich.
I hate the though police who think they are going to infect me with their thoughts.

If everything in your world is just Hunky Dori, then terrific. In my view of the world it's not. Now, I am not walking around moaning. But, if I could leave the planet, I would.

In the mean time I must continue to do the things that are set before me, and keep praying my head off like I do by asking the Lord to give me strength and courage.

I am not excited that I have to walk around most of the day with an empty feeling in my stomach. That's right... Even after I have consumed what now is a normal meal, I still have a bite of hunger in me. Oh, I may find a meal that satisfies me for an hour, but then it's back to the hunger pains again.

I don't like having to pass by the pastry counters in the food store. I don't like having to restrict myself as to what I can and can't eat. The only good thing about it is for now it's all voluntary. Well, for now it is. That is until the fat police are appointed to their stations in the U.S. government.

It used to be the U.S. government just did research and gave advisory bulletins. But, now that people in America are becoming sheep, and brain dead the government will get bold and start forcing us to try and lose weight.

This will come in the form of confiscatory taxes on everything that we eat. Yep, you've heard of luxury taxes, well just imagine a 20 percent tax on Kentucky Fried Chicken. Just imagine a 20 percent tax on every ice cream bar that is sold or every quart of ice cream.

It's coming. And that's because people don't have the ability to say no anymore. It's an issue of the heart, not the stomach.

If we keep hearing the messages that it's OK to be greedy and gluttonous like a Hollywood Pig, then we will see people who won't control themselves.

And that's what it really comes down to. We know what's the right thing to do, but we think we have a license to violate the rules.

The rules are Eat Less Food. It's like I heard from a man on the Christian Radio one day who said, "We need to learn to eat to live, not live to eat." It's a subtle change in the order of the words, but it has a whole different meaning when you realize we should eat enough to live, and not live to eat.

I don't like it anymore than you do. I don't piously say Amen to that idea. I actually think, "Oh, do I have to? Can't I eat just a little bit more? Please?"

You don't know how many times I say to myself, "Oh how I wish it were different."

I do struggle. It's worth the struggle. It's worth fighting "The Battle Of The Bulge."

I Am Becoming An Inspiration
Well for a short while I am actually having an effect on people around me with this weight loss thing. One guy at work has seen my progress, now he is making a strong effort to get off his belly. I have a family member who has lost seven pounds.

I hope that they keep at it. It's not easy to say no to food. Some people get comfort from eating it. For me, it just takes away those hunger pains.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...