Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The Lies We Tell Others And Ourselves

Hello weight losing fans...

I was unable to get to a computer yesterday to post on my blog, so I missed a day of blogging.

Today I weighed in at 190.4-pounds. I am up and down around that 190-pound number. Oh well, what am I gonna do?

The other day I was with a co-worker. This guy is a huge man. He is so overweight he has one continuous chin. He probably weighs at least 400-pounds. He is two of me in his width. That's big.

Now, I wouldn't report on this but I am finding more and more people who are like him. He is not even aware that he has a serious weight problem. Not only will he not admit he has a problem, but he manufactures stories. He lies to me, and worse than that, he lies to himself.

He has been with our company for about a month. I was telling him about how much weight that I lost. He turned around and told me that since he worked for our company he lost 40-pounds.
What? He lost 40-pounds in one month? How come I couldn't see it? He lied.

I went to lunch with this man. I had a chicken sandwich and french fries. I told him that this is my last meal for the day. It was around noon time when I said this. He had a large plate full of macaroni smothered in tomato sauce topped with a large meatball. This meal came in at six hundred or seven hundred calories. He told me that he wasn't going to eat any more today either.

Before we left the restaurant he ordered a large beef sandwich. An hour later I watched him eat that whole beef sandwich. An hour after that I watched him pop a bunch of candy into his mouth.

Here is a guy that is eating and eating and can't admit it. He is so delusional he can't even admit he has a serious problem.

Is this you? Are you getting preponderant (tipping the scales)? Do you keep on eating when you should have stopped? Do you lie to yourself, and then to others because you can't face the truth?

I got sick and tired of being overweight. I knew I had a problem. I just couldn't figure out how to solve it.

Here is how I solved my weight loss problem:

  • I weigh myself everyday on the digital scale
  • I record my weight on paper
  • Everything that I drink I record on paper. I figure out how many calories it was.
  • Everything that I eat I record on paper. I figure out how many calories it was.
  • I keep a running total of my calories for any given day. When I hit that 1,500 calorie mark I quit eating for the day.
  • My clock is from midnight-to-midnight. Everything on any calender day goes with that day. I don't run the totals over to the next day.

This is my basic plan for losing weight. I am committed to do this for the rest of my life, God willing.

I have to do this because I can't remember what it was that I eat from hour to hour, let alone try to remember back one day, or one week. I don't like to do it, but I do.

Up to now I have lost 50-pounds doing this. Now, I don't have everything before January 11, 2007. But, I know through December I ate Lean Cuisines three times a day. With that I lost 9 pounds. Not bad Eeh?

You can lose weight if you are determined to lose weight. You don't have to starve to do it either. I don't.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...