Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Wish I Could Eat, Eat, And Eat

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.2-pounds.

I am hovering up and down around 185-pounds. It's been many weeks since I have been at 190-pounds. Yeah...

Some People Think I have Lost Enough Weight
I have been running into people who seem to believe I am the weight that I should be at. I have had many compliments that I look good where I am. Most of these have come from women.

My Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale has been telling me the same thing. Well, on some days it does. My Scale indicates that I am around 20 to 21 percent body fat now.

There is a little flashing bar that flashes over a plus sign on the face of the scale that indicates I am now on the high side of normal for my weight. I found a fitness chart that indicated I am about right as well.

Should I lose more weight? I guess technically I could stop here where I am. However I still have some flab on my gut (my tummy). There is about twenty pounds of fat sitting on the surface there that has to go.

Understanding What Fat Is
Now, I have a friend that says do sit ups and stomach exercises to lose the rest of the fat. Umm, nope, that won't do it folks. It's because the fat has to be reconverted back to glucose before it can be burned.

The muscle in the human body is made up of chains of amino acids that are linked together to form protein. Protein in not the same molecule that fat is.

Fat is made from chains of sugars linked together. Fat is not the same thing as Protein. Amino acids are not sugars. And the two, protein and fat, use a different process to break apart down to their basic forms. They also use a different process to form back to where they came from.

The body has an easier time breaking apart a protein chain than it does breaking down a fat chain. This is why when someones fasts he/she will lose muscle mass before he/she loses fat mass.

It's because of this phenomenon of protein reduction ahead of fat reduction that I oppose strongly fasting to lose weight. I am vehemently opposed to fasting for weight reduction.

Anyone who thinks he/she can lose weight by missing meals and fasting is begging for problems in the future. One such problem could very well be a heart attack. Another problem is the body is now being primed for type-two-diabetes.

Here is why. We must have a balance of protein, fat, and sugar. That's why the government came out with the food pyramid. On that food pyramid it shows that we need protein (meat), sugar (sucrose from fruits, some vegetables: IE carrots), fibers (vegetables, and fruits), and fats (dairy products, and meat products).

It's a complex thing the body does to put all the different things together to help us live and survive. But, just because we don't have a full comprehension of all the processes doesn't mean we have to be ignorant about what to eat.

This whole explanation brings me back to my original point: Just doing sit ups will not dissipate the fat on my stomach. Doing sit ups will help build the muscle that sits under the fat. I could build some real tough stomach muscles. Only, if I don't get that fat off the surface, no one will ever see the muscle below it.

The same holds true for the other parts of the body. If there is fat on the surface and mingled around the muscle tissue, no will ever see the muscle. Oh, someone may have huge arms, but until the fat is burned off, that muscle will look smooth and continuous, not cut.

It's only when the body gets so lean, more muscle than fat, that the muscle structure shows.

So, I can do sit ups until the cows come to sit in my living room; it won't do any good until I shed this fat over the top of my tummy.

If you are one of those people who have heaped on the fat and are now bulging like I was, don't lose heart. I am now in my ninth month of working at losing fat. It's been a slow process.

I don't want it to be quick. If it were, then I could cause myself some real damage. Not only that, but this is a life time process now. I have to learn how to keep it off as well as learning to get it off.

The only reason I am writing this is because you need to know for sure that losing weight is a process that is day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute, and second by second.

This is "The Battle Of The Bulge", and it will go on for the rest of your life. Get ready, because it's a never ever ending thing.

I get mad at these so called positive freaks. I call them freaks. They think that it's all in the attitude. I had one friend tell me that my attitude was positive about losing weight.

Oh, hell no it wasn't. I wasn't sure how I was going to get all this fat off. I was skeptical, frustrated, and down right pissy about it. Well that's negative. I guess so.

Now, I don't like to be around people who complain. But, I also don't like being around people who think they are so positive. Here is why. Not everything is rosy.

If you are fat, that's not a rosy scenario. It's not healthy to be packing on the fat and then lie to yourself about it. For once I would love to read from someone writing that it sucked trying to lose weight.

No, I keep finding these idiots that write, "Oh, if you look at this whole thing with a positive attitude, you can do it." Forget you, you positive freak. Go stuff yourself with a Subway Sandwich. Let's see how many years you keep that so called positive attitude of yours and keep that fat off.

Why, why, do I write that? Because, it's tough to get back to being a skinny person. There are all sorts of things out their that trying to get us to eat, eat, and eat some more.

Food manufacturers make money when you and I eat and drink their products. They advertise like crazy, and they put sugar in our food. They make everything very tasty. Actually I like it.

But, it's a real mental challenge to reprogram years, and years of programming in our brains that has brought us to the brink of obesity. It's a real mental challenge to break old habits. Some times it takes grit and suffering to bring our body back under control.

I don't see anything positive and revitalizing in that process. I hate it.

What I Wish I Could Do
I wish I could wake up every day and eat a sugar jelly roll like I used to.
I wish I could go to the grocery store buy a pizza and then eat the whole thing.
I wish I could drink four beers a night.
I wish I could eat a quart of Ice Cream every night.
I wish I could eat until I don't feel hungry.

I can't.
If I did all that then I would get fat again.
I can wish all that I want, but that will never change the reality that I can't eat like that anymore.

That's just the way it is.

The Coming Fat Police
I wrote many blogs ago the coming of the fat police. Well, following statements like this, what do you think is coming? I mean it, literally there will be fat police. Read this:

Jeffrey Levi, the report's co-author and executive director of the Trust for America's Health, says the government must treat this trend as an epidemic, dangerous to the health of Americans and must organize a national plan for combating obesity.

(Read the full report: http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/98965.html )

If people don't do something for themselves to lose weight, then the government will have an excuse to step in. This will come in the form of higher food taxes, and eventually in the form of individual penalties for being over weight.

Yes the government will start hammering families and parents for over weight children. Don't be surprised if you see parents being fined heavily for fat children. It may even come down to the confiscation of the children.

I am serious here. This obesity epidemic is just the ticket the government needs to stick it to the public and ruin our lives.

And, the Fatted Calves will willing go down to the slaughter.

Bye for now...



1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

I admit it, I am a positivity freak. But I also accept that dieting is hard as hell. That's just the way things are. Life is not easy, but I'll be damned if I don't have a great time every day that I'm alive. There are enough people on this earth pissing and moaning about everything. screw that.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...