Friday, August 24, 2007

Go, Eat, Eat, Eat, And Eat Some More

Hello weight losing fans...

Yesterday I didn't blog. I went to Wisconsin and fished all day. I took my Magical-Digital-Scale with me and stepped up onto it at 185.6-pounds.

This morning I stepped up onto the Magical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 186.4-pounds. Later in the day when I returned home from work I weighed in at 185.2 pounds.

My Friend And I Were Discussing Weight Watchers
I have a friend who has a wife who joined Weight Watchers. I told him that I have received criticism because I am critical of Weight Watchers. We both concluded that I am critical of paying money to a weight watcher group. He thinks that I should temper my critical disposition.

So it's really the money he said. I guess so.

NO, it's not. If I were making big money I wouldn't join Weight Watchers. I don't want to have to have a support group for my behavior. My eating habits can't be monitored 24 hours a day.

I was listening to someone today talking about Oprah Winfrey. The man talking commented that Oprah Winfrey could afford to hire a personal trainer and a personal chef for everyday of the week. Then he said that she also has a Sumo Wrestler travel with her everywhere she goes to rip the Doritos out of her hand before she puts them in her mouth.

I thought it was funny. But then I though about how really sad it is that we in America have lost our ability to sacrifice.

Losing Weight takes a big personal sacrifice. It also consumes our every thought when we get hungry. It really does. Unfortunately most people don't have the stomach to sacrifice anymore.

Oh we can work hard for our boss and our money. However when it comes to something like trying to lose weight we don't want to work hard.

I don't know how to explain it. I wish I could. Somehow we seem to believe that we can eat just about everything in our sight and everything will be OK. We never believe that we are going to get fat.

I know I didn't want to get fat. I did though. And it took it's toll on me. It affected a whole list of things in my life that's too long to list here. And honestly I don't feel like typing that list right now.

Get it straight. I don't care who you are, or what station you hold in life. You can be the best medical surgeon in the world, or the President of the United States, or an astronaut for NASA; if you eat too much food you are going to get fat. That's it.

Now, for some people it's a little more food than someone else. But, we all have that point where the body says, "OK Pal, just keep piling in the food and watch where I'll put it. I'll put it on your fanny, your stomach, your ankles, your face, and your vital organs. Just keep piling in that food."

I am not sitting here in judgement of someone who chooses to use a weight watching group to lose weight.

What I am saying is. Don't fool yourself, it eventually comes down to one person, and that's you. I had to find a sensible solution to lose weight. I got tired. I got sick and stinking tired of being fat. I hated it.

I didn't wake up with a positive mental, can do, I am going to take the world kind of attitude. I didn't wake up and say hey today I am going to lose weight. I didn't say well, I am going to join this group over here and we'll lose weight together.

I don't buy their crap. It's crap. Yes, it's crap. Who is going to help you learn to overcome your compulsion to binge; Doctor Phil? Who has to wake up in the morning and look in the mirror at that blob? You do. I did.
Do you like tight fitting clothes? Do you like to be lethargic? Good, you do? Then go stuff yourself so you can get fatter. I mean it, go feed your face.

Then we'll hire a doctor for $30,000 to cut open your stomach and reroute your guts. Then you can sit there and tell me how wonderful it feels vomiting on yourself like a new born baby that just drank sour milk.

It's sucks trying lose weight. Did you want me to lie and tell you what a wonderfully positive experience it's been?

Today I was talking to a fat woman who was telling me that she likes men who have a little fat on them. She said that there is more to love.


She then told me, as she stuffed her face with a cinnamon bun, that she has more to love being fat. I had to hold back my mouth and my compulsion to say, "Are you kidding me? You look absolutely disgusting." I wanted to blast her.
I thought better and realized that if I had blasted her I would be wasting my breath.

I unfortunately have to work with these kinds of people. It's part of my job. In my real life I run from people like this. I won't hang out with them, and they won't get my attention.

If you have a fat person in your life that tells you it's OK to be fat, then run from him/her. Get away from that person. Oh, it's your wife, or your husband. Oh, I feel so sorry for you.

You can't change someone else. It's even harder to excerpt any change on someone who is mentally delusional about their weight.

You can only work on yourself. That' all I try to work on is me when it comes to my weight.

Now, I am writing this blog. I am doing it for me. Really I am. I am practising my writing skills, and getting ready to write another blog.

It's also my therapy. I am getting my thoughts out.

If you are preponderant, (you tip the scales) that's really your problem. I can't live for you. I can't think for you. And from the looks of some of the blogs I read out there, I would run from many of you. Some people are weird.

So, go eat, eat, eat, and then eat some more. Go, get fat, and fatter, and fatter. Delude yourself about what you really look like, and what you really are. Go, I don't care.

Bye for now...

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

I'm not sure what you mean in your comment about an ad or Google or something. I tried to Google your blog and it just comes up by your name... maybe I mentioned your Blog in mine? I dunno. Also because of your style of writing, I sense that you are being sarcastic and somehow you are not thrilled with the Google-ism? The whole thing is weird.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...