Sunday, August 5, 2007

Losing Weight: A Cold Hard Reality Check

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped onto the scale weighing in at 190.4-pounds.

Hey that's not bad. That's my third day at that weight. It means I am stable. I am stable even after eating 400 calories worth of cookies yesterday. Oh, oh, blasphemy...

I guess I have lost some of my weight losing fans. I haven't seen any comments lately. It's OK.
I think I am actually running negative numbers now on the number of people who actually read and comment on my blog. But hey, the truth hurts. No one really wants the truth.

What? How dare you write that? How do you know David that I don't want the truth?
Well, just look at your waste line, and what are you eating?

Today I ran into some people who finally noticed that I have lost a significant amount of weight. One was a man who is very active with boating and water skiing. Years ago he was much more slender than he is now. His wife was very slender, and wow pretty. Now, she too needs to lose a bunch of weight, and she is developing a sagging chin. Oops, gravity and age get us all.

He wanted to know what I did to get off so much weight. I told him my story. You could see the eyes starting to glaze over. And off course he had excuses that it's summer and he's more active than in the winter, so he has to eat more food.

I know. I know that he is more active in the summer. That's good, but does he really need so much food? I don't think so. Not if it makes his face look like a puffed balloon he doesn't.

Another man that I ran into said he read my blog and liked it. OK, you read my blog. Whoopee do... Did you do anything about it? Hey, did you get some pains in your conscience there? Did you look in the mirror and see if maybe you might not need to trim some fat off there? Did you step onto a scale and ask yourself if this is the proper weight for me?
NO? Well, you didn't really read my blog that close. Hey, I am not kidding.

If you are a preponderant, and you need to trim some fat off, then it's high time to start now. Don't wait for the winter when things start to slow down. Don't wait for the right time. Get started now.

EAT LESS FOOD.

Did I write anywhere in my posts that it will be so easy? NO! Have I written if you just eat this high priced food sprinkled with Pixie Dust over here you'll magically lose weight? NO!

Have I written that I love losing weight? NO, I haven't! Why would I lie about it?
It sucks. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Whine, Whine, Whine...

Oh, I will admit that I too turned a deaf ear to the reality of weight loss. Yes, I hid my mind in a banana cream pie and refused to face the cold hard reality that I will have to sacrifice to get off the weight.

I knew in my heart-of-hearts that eventually something is going to have to change drastically if I am going to lose weight. Either I was going to have to exercise like a fiend (which I can't now), or I was going to have to change my eating habits.

I had to choose the last alternative, and that was I had to change my eating habits. Years ago I did the Doctor Atkin's Diet. With that diet I lost 60-pounds. But, I could not keep the weight off.

Even though the theory behind the Doctor Atkin's diet is sound; (To me it is.) I had to modify it. I couldn't keep eating all that meat. I had to have some bread, cookies, or something sweet.

I had to figure out what to do. I did figure it out. I prayed for wisdom. I asked God help me lose this weight. Voila, I got my answer: EAT LESS FOOD.

Oh, you don't like that? Hmmm....? Let me help you out here. Ummm, go to the cupboard pull out that bag of potato chips. No, don't pull out the small one; that's only 160 calories. No, pull out the real big one there; that's 1060 calories. Now sit down in front of the TV and eat the whole bag. While you're at it get that Real Coca-Cola two liter bottle out of the refrigerator. That's right. Swig that baby down. Do you feel better?

Oh, you can't sleep at night? I'm sorry, let me help you. Hey, go get that cold chicken in the ice box. Eat that whole fried breast. Eat both of those legs too. Oh you're still hungry. Hey, get out that quart of ice cream. Yep that one. Fill up that bowl to the top. Yeah empty that ice cream carton out baby. Don't forget to lick that spoon clean.

Do you feel better? Oh, you do? Good... The next time you can't sleep; be sure to repeat that pattern. The next time you and the kids are watching TV pull out those potato chips. Hey, let the kids join you too. Then you all can get fat together.

Hey, Hey what are you writing here? I thought this was a weight loss blog. What are you telling us? Oh...

I'm so sorry. I thought you wanted this life style. I thought you want to have tight clothes. I thought that you wanted to fit in with everyone else. I am only telling you what you want to hear. I am only encouraging you to keep going. Eat, eat, and eat some more. Go ahead, get fat, and fatter.

You aren't hurting me doing that. You are only hurting yourself. So keep being neurotic about food. Keep your mind and heart buried in a banana cream pie. When you die we'll get you a piano case for a casket. Then we'll make your clothes into a tent. Yep, they will make a great tent. Or maybe we'll turn them into a large sleeping bag.

One More Story
A while ago I told you about a man who lost a lot of weight because he was having his colon re-sectioned because of a cancerous tumor on the colon. In the process he lost a lot of weight.
He was thin again. Well, it's only a few months later and the guy is putting on weight again.

Why? It's because he has his guts put back together and now he can eat again. Now, he obviously doesn't care at all if he's getting fat again. Yep, I could see his fat belly and sides starting all over again.

He saw me and said, "I see you've lost a lot of weight too. Then he said he's regaining weight." He then pointed to his belly. I asked him if he is being careful about his food portions? I reminded him that he had ate less food in the past. He said, "I know Dave, good by Dave." He motioned me away. He didn't want to hear it.

He's happy getting fat. He can stuff his face until heart's content now. Admit it, you want to be fat. If you don't change then you will get fatter. Then we'll find you in the cardiac arrest ward in the emergency room. Keep it up. Keep eating.


Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...