Monday, August 13, 2007

Is The 190-Pound Mark Gone?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped onto my magical digital scale weighing in at 188.8-pounds. That's up 1/2 pound from yesterday. That is only because the food I ate last night hasn't left the barn yet.

My first thought is now that I am around 188-pounds is that the last of the 190-pounds? Have I finally turned the corner, and am I heading down to the 180-pound mark; or, will I continue to languish up around 190 or so for another week. I haven't got a crystal ball to view the future with, so who knows?

Great Things Have Happened Since Losing Weight
Here is a list of the benefits I have received since losing 50-pounds:

  • My clothes started to fit better. The bulges in the fabric began to disappear. For awhile there they fit well. Now they are hanging on me like sacks. (This is a good thing, and a bad thing.)
  • My work uniform pants no longer stay up on top of my hip line; even with a dress belt on they slipped off. I had to purchase suspenders to hold them up.
  • I now have a closet full of clothing I can no longer wear. They all look like potato bags hanging on me. I now have to go out to get some more clothes. This is so I won't continue to look like a clown.
  • I actually look much better. My face has lost that chubby look. My face is leaner looking. People are complimenting me on how much I have changed.
  • Woman now stare at me when they don't think that I can see them. Yep, I have caught woman glancing my way and locking in on me when they think they can get away with it. I see them in store windows, and I see them in reflections. I kid you not.
  • My cousin and aunt are telling me to stop at this weight, 190-pounds. They think I look good where I am now.
  • My knees are less stressed out when I go up and down the stairs.
  • I sleep at night like a baby, and most of the time I don't use a clock to wake myself up.
  • My blood pressure has dropped down over 30 points. I am no longer border line up in the high blood pressure zones. I am well below the normal limits.
  • My heart rate went down from over 95-100-beats-per-minute to 70-beats-per-minute. My resting rate in now around 68-beats-per-minute. This is because my heart isn't working so hard to pump the blood.
  • I feel much better than I did. Many people seem to think my whole attitude has changed since I have lost so much weight. Some people think that I am more pleasant to be around. Oh, Really? Hmmm... Why don't I think the same about some of them? That's just a thought.
  • I don't huff-and-puff when I walk, and when I climb stairs.
  • I don't lose my balance as often as I did when I was heavy. Yep, I was top-heavy to say the very least.
This is just some of the benefits that I have experienced after losing so much weight. If I can do this, then you can too.

It's easy to do... NOT. It's not so easy. That's only because it takes some personal sacrifice that most people aren't willing to engage in.

Bye for now...

____________________________________________________________
What I ate today:
Before I left for work early this morning I ate a chocolate protein bar. (200 calories).
When I returned this morning I made stir fried vegetables with Tuna fish. I put a six ounce can of tuna fish in hot oil in the wok. I fried the tuna until it was browning. Then I tossed in a pound of peas, cubed carrots, and string beans. I fried those up as well. I tossed in Chili Pepper, Garlic Powder, Ginger Powder, and Soul Powder Spice to add flavor to the meal.
Before beddy-bye I drank a protein shake, and Slim Fast Breakfast Shake.

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

How awesome. Good list, there!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...