Tuesday, August 14, 2007

OH, I Sinned, I Ate From The Box Of Donuts

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto my magical digital scale weighing in at 189-pounds. That's up some from yesterday. I am not sure why.
It's a weird thing going to bed and only weighing 188.8-pounds last night only to awaken and weigh in at 189-pounds. I am not sure why that happened. I didn't eat anything. I did consume a protein shake, and a Slim Fast meal. Could that have done it? Naw...
Oh well...

Today I woke up and consumed three hard boiled eggs (210 calories), Slim Fast Chocolate Breakfast Shake (190 calories), and for giggles two large Danish (1,200 calories).

What? How can you do that? Well, yesterday, because of my work schedule, I didn't come close to 1,500 calories. I had very little to eat yesterday, with the exception of one large meal that was mostly green vegetables. I finished the day yesterday with a protein drink (160 calories), and a Slim Fast Chocolate Shake (190 calories)

I could afford to blow some calories today. I am watching what happens. I am not making this habitual. In other words, rarely do I eat sweet rolls for a meal, and even more rare is eating two together in one meal. Oh, but they were yummy.

Well, what about all the diet books? What would they say about this? Umm, I don't care one whit. I haven't been using any specific diet program in this weight loss season. I haven't made anyone any promises about what I decide to eat, and when I decide to eat.

I am the one that lives with the consequences of my actions, not someone else.

You have to live with the consequences of your actions too.

Let's just say for giggles I see maybe one more pound because of this? All I have to do is go back to 1,500 calories a day. That pound will disappear. Besides, to gain a pound 3,500 calories has to be consumed over and above my normal calorie count. To lose a pound 3,500 calories has to be burned up, either by exercising or by eating less food.

Now, if I keep eating a steady diet of sweet rolls, and other food as well, I will expect to see my weight go up. It's just that simple. Eat a lot of junk, and up the weight will go.

Now, I am not a big fan of sugary rolls. I was at a meeting for work. They were there on the table. They looked good for consumption. And of course the little snake coiled around the table leg said, "Did God say you should not eat these sweet rolls?"
I said, "God said don't eat them or touch them or I will die."
Then the little snake said, "God only told you that because he knew that if you should eat these sweet rolls, you will be like him, knowing good and evil."
Guess what? I believed that little sucker and grabbed two sweet rolls to eat. Did I sin? Hmmm?

I am not any wiser for it though. Huh, the little guy lied to me.

But, all the other overweight people in the room were eating them, so why not join them?

Bye for now....

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...