Friday, November 23, 2007

Assessing The Holiday Damage

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.8-pounds.

That's up over my record loss by 6.4-pounds.

Now, yesterday was Thanksgiving Day. I made no attempt to restrict my calorie intake yesterday. I did reach a point where I could not eat anymore.

I was at a relatives home having the Thanksgiving Feast. When I got back to my home I decided to see how much I added to my total weight with fluids, and solid foods. When I stepped up onto the scale I weighed in at 188.8-pounds. I actually added 7.2-pounds in fluids and solid foods to my morning weight of 181.6-pounds.

This just goes to show just how elastic the human stomach actually is. And to think, there are doctors who are naive enough to think someone can put a band around a portion of the stomach to help someone lose weight.

I want to add more commentary, however, I must go to work now. Maybe I can add more later.

Part Two: How Much Damage Did I Do By Eating So Much?
Today I was listening to the radio and someone mentioned that between now and January 1, 2008 he will probably gain 10-15 pounds. He said that it's starts at Thanksgiving Feasting and throughout the Christmas season he said he gains 10 or so pounds.

As I was listening, I was thinking to myself, "Oh boy, how many people are like this man; they overeat for a month and gain about 2-pounds a week, then spend the rest of the year trying to work of the weight?" How many of us are like this? I imagine probably half of the adults in this country are like that.

I was thinking will I be like this? Now it's the Christmas Season, will I find an excuse to over eat?

I could imagine what would happen if I continued to eat like I did yesterday. I would be adding at least a pound of fat each day. Because I probably ate two days of food yesterday.

I calculated that the sandwich I had for breakfast was around 800 calories. By 1:30 PM I had already eaten around 1,700 calories of food. This didn't include what I ate for the Feast afterwards.

I am not writing that I did something wrong having feasted so much. I think that we should celebrate and enjoy some food.

The problem with most people, who end up like I was, is they don't have a stopping point. They continue to eat, and eat, day in and day out. They fail to consider the consequences of their overindulging.

In my case in one day of eating I squeezed into my already shrunken stomach an extra 7-pounds of food. That's amazing.

Now, I have to see if the extra calories have added anything to my total weight. I will know in a few days.

It's safe to say, I am not going to be eating like that any time soon.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it was...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...