Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Early This Morning The Hunger Monster Struck

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at ??????????
This Is The Third Day Without My Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale.
I didn't get another scale yet.

This Morning I Suffered With Terrible Hunger
Yesterday I ate some dinner at a friends home. She served me some left over noodle casserole with chicken pieces in it. I am guessing that was about 300 calories.

After the meal she served me a small slice of apple pie. I estimate that was 250 calories.

I went home and before I went to bed I consumed a can of light beer (110 calories), and a wine cooler (130 calories).

This topped me up and over the 1,500 calories for the day.

After I went to sleep I awoke at 12:30 AM because someone outside pulled up and started making noise with a loud conversation.

After they left I attempted to go back to sleep. I couldn't sleep. The Hunger Monster struck with a vengeance. My stomach was sore. It was growling and burbling because of the hunger.

I laid there for over an hour trying to fall back to sleep. I didn't attempt to stave off the hunger with anything. Finally I did fall back to sleep. Then around 4:00 AM I woke up again. This time the hunger was worse. It hurt.

I fell back to sleep and dreamed that I was chained in a dark dungeon and begging for food, and water. I woke up at around 7:15 AM made coffee, and ate something. I couldn't take it anymore. It was just to pain full waiting to eat.

Now, I would wish that I had the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale with me to see what I weighed after a night like that.

I quess I could have gotten up and drank some tea with honey, and chowed down a couple table spoons of peanut butter. This is my usual remedy. However, I am going after that next 10-pound target.

I won't get there if I keep serving up food for every craving that hits.

I have had people tell me that I am good here at 180-pounds. It's just they can't see this belly. I have a large chest cavity, and a lot of muscle around it. This is only because I used to do a whole bunch of push ups, pull ups, and dips while serving in the military for 16 years.
My tummy tucks under that line.

The problem is my waist is around 39-40 inches still. I want it to be a size 36 inch waist or smaller.
I still can't put on the pants that I was wearing back in 1994 when I was 180-pounds then.

Something has shifted and I think that shift is sitting right around my middle. I have a belly that protrudes when I sit. I can still keep it sucked in when I stand.

Here is my point. I have to go lower with my weight. That is in spite of the commentary that I keep getting from the onlookers.

I would dearly love to kick up my total calorie count for the day to around 2,000 calories.
I can't, and then still expect to lose more weight.

And mind you, I am not being neurotic about this. I eat food just like anyone else eats food. I just eat less food than I did before.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...