Monday, November 26, 2007

Enjoying Some Of That Holiday Food? Oh, Yeah....

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds.
Whoops...

It's the Holiday Season for sure. Guess who's falling victim to it? Yours Truly, that's who. Oh the Shame...

Yesterday I went to a Combination Christmas Party / Thanksgiving Celebration / Open House. There was food galore there as is usual for such an event.
And I brought with me my appetite. To be honest I had no intention of eating so much food.
When I was given the left over fruit salad bowl, I chowed that down.

There was the chocolate cake down stairs on the table. Some woman had made it and put this hard semi-sweet-dark-chocolate on the top. Oh, it was so good. I ate three of those pieces. I can't even guess how many calories was there. OK I will guess about 250 calories a piece.

And probably the very worst offense that I committed was going back to the punch bowl, and then back, and back, and back, and back.... Well, drinking that tasty fruity liquid racked up about 1,500 calories all by itself.

Of course I couldn't resist the Cheetos, "The Cheese That Goes Puff" around the middle of the stomach and your buttocks. Did you know that just thirteen of those little Cheetos is 160 calories? They don't fill me either.

So at the end of the day, after having walked in the door with a firm resolve that quickly gave way to my hunger, and the compulsion to eat tasty food, I added to my total weight about five pounds.

When I awoke this morning I stepped onto the scale to see the new weight that I am. Ummm... 184.6-pounds.

Of course, as I attended this event, some people who had not seen me in about a year where surprised to see how much weight I did lose.

Before I went home someone told me that I look good where I am, and that I really shouldn't lose any more weight. I was told that I would look like a skinny old man. OH GEE THANKS....

If I can get through the holiday season here without packing on any more pounds, I think that I will be lucky. Whew, it's hard to say NO....

How many more days of this will I have to battle through?

The Extra Fat Has To Go
Yesterday I was laying in the bathtub taking a leasurely bath and I was looking at the flab around my middle. Yes, there is flab there. It's not stretched skin. It's about 20-pounds more fat that eventually has to go.

And, ya know, it's tempting to listen to people who think it ought to be some other way. But, they aren't me. And they can't see under the shirt like I can.

I have had people say, "Well, firm it up." No, you can't firm up fat. It has to be burned off. Fat is Fat, and it has to go back to glucose before it becomes useful for metabolism.

I wish people would get an issue of Muscle Magazine, or read up on some biology. They don't have a clue about the dynamics of the human body. Yet these are the ones who offer all the suggestions.

I didn't ask them.

Well, you make up your own mind how you will get off the weight, and how much you will lose. You are the one who has to live with who you are. Not me....

Bye for now...

And that's the was it is... I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

u r so right about the last 10 or 20 pounds. people don't have a clue. they say "oh u look fine" which on one hand is true but on the other i want my little gut gone and so do you. Maybe it's a military man thing? i dunno. and "firm it up" ???WTF???

no, people r still clueless, u r right.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...