Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful, And This Food Is So Delightful. I'll Go Ahead And Eat. Let Me Grow, Let Me Grow, Let Me Grow

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds.

I was working on my commentary for yesterday's blog posting. I couldn't finish if up so I snipped some of it away and stuck it in for today.

Unfortunately again, I am short on time. So here is part of yesterday's post here today. Enjoy my dribble....

It's Time To Put Up The Christmas Decorations, and to make those Christmas Cookies.
It's the Holiday Season, and the tables are going to be set with wonderfully delightful assortments of food.

At work the friends are bringing in the homemade cookies. They are all so yummy looking.

Suddenly in the mail there came this big box of fruitcake from a long lost relative.

The invitations have gone out, and you've been invited to another Christmas Party.

Let's not forget the Christmas Festivities at the church on Sunday.

Oh, Aunt Beth has sent over her Annual Rum Cake. You know, the kind you ate last year all by yourself and then got the drunk driving citation for.

Oh of course, let's not forget to go to that Christmas Party at the office. You know, the party where that guy gets drunk every year and shoots his mouth off. But, because he's one of the owners relatives, he never got fired.

Ding Dong: Hi, I was making Christmas cookies and I brought some over. Tell me what you think.

Oh, I won, I won, the office raffle. Here you are dear. Here's your bottle of Rum. It goes great with Coca-Cola.

Yep, the Holiday Season is upon us. The cookies and the candy are out there for the taking. The food with all it's sumptuous flavors is there, along with the soda's and the fruit punch, and the booze.

For many of us we will be invited to a few parties along the way. And of course, if I'm not working, I am not turning anyone down.

Along with the Holiday Festivities, comes the mental anguish for we the preponderant ones.

Free Food Is My Motto... Hypocrite!

Oh, where is Denise Austin when I need her?

Oh, help me, where is Richard Simmons? Why isn't he here to beg with me, and to plead with me not to eat that extra piece of Rum Cake?

Where is my Buns Of Steel Tape?

Where is my Abs Of Steel Tape?

Oprah Winfrey please pray for me.

Looks like I have one more New Years Resolution Coming. Yeah, to lose twenty pounds. I can do it. (FAT CHANCE OF THAT.)

Oh, how many fat grams are in this ginger bread man cookie? He's so cute; Chomp, Gulp...

I promise, I promise, in January I will join Weight Watchers.

Maybe I should have that stomach surgery after all.

Yes, Christmas is coming and the opportunity to forget the cares of the year, and all that struggle we put in to lose 10 or 15 pounds.

After all I can't deny myself. That wouldn't be psychologically healthy for me...

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Great new holdiday song...and appropriate too...looks like your weight came back down..that's good...thanks for the caution to be careful over the holidays...

A said...

Hilarious! Good stuff, David Dane. And how familiar all that is.

Fat is like rain.

Do nothing, and you get wet. Do nothing, and you get fat. To stay dry or lose weight, you need to make a change.

You are doing exactly what the magical, mystical digital scale at the College of DuPage is telling me to do: 1500 calories daily, plus moderate exercise. I'm exercising at least that, but my diet remains at 2000-2500 calories daily.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...