Monday, November 12, 2007

What Kind Of Diet Was I On Anyway?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I don't know what I weigh. Yep, I forgot to put my scale into the car and take it with me. Shucks...

Surrealistic Feelings...
This morning I was making a peanut butter sandwich for breakfast. As I was putting on the peanut butter a thought came to me, "I can't believe I am anywhere near where I need to be with my weight."
I kept thinking, "I never thought that I could come this far again losing weight."

I have lost 60-pounds in a little less than one year. Now, people who knew me before are complimenting me. Some women are saying I shouldn't lose more. (So far no one has offered to date me, Shucks...)

My family is saying don't lose more weight.

And still that feeling keeps coming back, "I can't believe that I got this far."

It's a weird feeling to say the least. I have shed 1/4 of my total body weight since last year; which is 60-pounds.

I told a man at church this yesterday and his mouth seemed to drop open. He wanted to know how I did it. I told him to eat smaller food portions. Here is the translation, "EAT LESS FOOD."

I don't tell people what to eat. I do offer some suggestions, however the choice is yours.

If I had been on the Doctor Atkins's diet again, I would not have been able to consume what I consumed this morning for breakfast. I ate a small banana, and a peanut butter sandwich.

My point is this, I am not on a diet as would be described in many books. Maybe I could call it a restricted calorie diet. Maybe...

Bye for now...

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I left a comment on your Sunday post today (Monday)...don't know if you read it...you'd asked "should I loose more weight"...I put some thoughts there on the subject...

It's great you've "done it again"...(lost weight)..and it's great you did it while you are still young.....I'm trying again for the 3rd time...the first 2 it was a 50 pound loss each time...now I just need to loose 20, but boy it is harder...I'm older now and my metabolism is different...it is discouraging but I keep plugging away...your "eat less food" rings in my ear...keep telling us that...

Somewhere in our psyche, I think, we equate eating less food with deprivation...but that is not deprivation when we do our body a favor by eating less food...it is a benefit to the body...less work in digestion, less fat to carry around, general health benefits all around...

You are a "voice in the wilderness" so to speak...we lie to ourselves when we overeat and think "I need this, if I don't eat it I'm depriving myself"...in fact we are depriving ourself when we eat food we don't need..truth, huh?

Dinahsoar said...

One other thing...about the dating...put yourself in God's hands...ask Him to guide you in that area...if it is His will for you to be married, he has a girl/woman out there for you...allow Him to show you...in the meantime, remember this...there are married people who would trade places with you...they'd prefer to be single again...at any rate, being content in the state we find ourselves in is possible if our goal/aim is to please the Lord in all we do...if/when we put ourselves at His disposal He will lead us and provide for us that which we need according to His purpose for our life.

FYI--I will soon celebrate 40 years of marriage...hopefully I've attained some wisdom that I can impart...hahaha...still have much to learn, but don't want to be "too soon old, too late smart"...my thinking is "if not now, when?"...I'm not getting any younger, but you are still young...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...