Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving: All Diets Are Off Today, Well Mine Is

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto that Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.6-pounds.

I went for four days without having a way to weigh myself. I think I did pretty good for having been without my scale.

I kept myself as close as I could to the 1,500 calories I allot myself. I did go past it though because I was having a couple beers at night before bed, or a wine cooler.

I have written before that alcohol inhibits the bodies ability to lose fat. It isn't a complete obstacle, but it does slow things down. And, certainly it seems to add empty calories to the mix of other calories.

I was hoping that I would have weighed this morning in under 180-pounds. I have certainly been careful what I have been eating. Alas, I didn't come in under 180.

I am 2.2-pounds over my record for this weight loss season. That's not bad.

I Have Hit A Real Tough Spot Here With My Weight
It seems to me I am at a real hard set point here for my weight. I have been hovering at 180 for a while. I thought sure I would have dropped to 175-pounds by now.

Well, it hasn't happened. I have been reading about this matter, and I may have to engage in some hard excercise; and I don't feel like it. I just don't.

My bones creek, and my joints crunch. It's hard to get an older machine to work, that's me.

I turned 49 years old yesterday. Arg... I put my new license up for you to see. Someone spotted that the license still has 250 pounds written on it. It's only because I forgot to tell the DMV my new weight. I was in a hurry trying to get that thing renewed.

That 25o-pounds is what I weighed this time four years ago. I was actually 260-pounds before that, but I had started the Doctor Atkins Diet. I managed to shave off 10 pounds before I had my license renewed.

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

Since it is Thanksgiving Day, I am not even going to try to restrict my food consumption. I will write everything that I eat down. But, I am not going to stop eating at 1,500 calories.

Today is a day with the remaining family that I have. So, I will make some attempt to enjoy the day.

Bye for now...

That's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...