Saturday, November 10, 2007

Why Wait To Lose The Weight?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.4-pounds. (I ate a late evening salad last night, along with some bread. This is food waiting to leave.)

This is up from yesterday morning's weight record for this weight loss season.

Oh Preponderant One; Why Are You Waiting To Lose Weight?
I am not a big Television watcher anymore. I don't have a satellite or cable hook up in my home. My television sits idol most of the time with the exception of when I pop in a DVD, or VHS tape to learn something.
I am not a big fan of the nonsense that we call entertainment.
I don't have the time anyway to spend in front of the television.

That said, I have noticed that most people spend a great deal of time watching television just for the entertainment. It seems to me, we as Americans, have to continuously amuse ourselves. And we have this tendency to watch programs that are loaded with sarcasm, and human-put-down speech.

I am not a fan of idiocy. I never was able to watch All In The Family with the characters, Archy Bunker, Edith, and Meat Head.
I can't sit and watch the News with the pretty women who think they know it all, and report lies about current events.

I am a pretty straight forward character that loves a good laugh if it's clean humor.

I am also a character that is hunting for the truth. Why would I write all this? Well, it's because of my inclinations towards life that has led me down this road to discovering the truth about losing weight.
I was seeking a way to get off all the extra pounds that I was packing onto my frame (my body) and then not kill myself in the process.

I wanted to get rid of the fat, and keep it off for the rest of my life, and not die of malnutrition in the process.

Last year some man that I worked with told me that I had turned into a "Fat Hog." He said, "Look at you, you've gained all this weight since I've known you, and now you look like a fat hog." OUCH!

All along I had been attempting to get off the weight that was rapidly building on my light frame.

I am considered a light bone structured person.

Just imagine what 60-pounds looks like on a light framed body. It looks like sacks of fat hanging when those clothes come off.

I tried doing the Doctor Atkins's Diet again. It didn't work.

Something was terribly, terribly wrong with me. I literally prayed, "God help me get the wisdom I need to lose this weight and to get back to normal." I didn't make God any promises or cut any deals with God, I just waited for an answer.

I had become blind to the obvious truth, as most people are. The blinding truth is that, "We eat too much food throughout the day, and throughout the week. We eat more food than we need to survive."

That said, I am wondering something. Why do we wait to take action when we find the truth that we are searching for?
Why, oh preponderant one, are you waiting to lose the weight?

A Man Told Me He's Waiting Two More Weeks To Start Losing Weight
When I had my brainstorm (inspiration) about how I was going to lose weight I almost immediately took action to remedy the situation.

It was the next day when I was shopping at a Target Store when I saw Lean Cuisines on sale for half of the price.

I jumped on that sale and purchased enough Lean Cuisines to fill up my freezer. I ate Lean Cuisines morning, noon, and night.
It was that action that led me to my "Ah Ha" moment.
I realized this, and now I am hitting this drum one more time; "EAT LESS FOOD."

That was the answer that I was looking for. Why I had not figured that out, I don't know.

This morning I talked with a man in the lobby of the hotel who was curious about why I was holding a bathroom scale under my arm. He stared at it with an inquisitive look and I knew he was wondering why someone was holding a scale.

He was over weight with a big gut. He is a preponderant. I looked at him with his inquiring eyes and smiled. I then said, "Are you curious about the scale?" He said, "Yes, why are you carrying that?"
I told him that I carry this thing with me just about everywhere I go.
He then asked me, "Why?"
I told him I carry it because I weigh myself everyday.
I told him that last year I was out to here, (As he is now).
I said, "I have lost sixty pounds since last year."
He stopped dead in his tracks and said, "Tell me how you did it."

We started about a fifteen minute conversation in which I gave him my ideas. He thanked me and said now I have the answers.

Later I ran into him again and he told me he's going to lose the weight, but he's waiting two weeks until after Thanks Giving is over.

Why, why, why wait another two weeks? In two weeks he could lose four or five pounds. In two weeks he could be onto living better than he is.

Have you preponderant ones ever thought about the incredible damage we have done to ourselves by being overweight?
We have cut our quality of life in half because we think we need that extra bag of Cheetos for lunch.

I gave this man my blog site, and I gave him my E-mail address. He said he is going to contact me, and read my blog.
I am taking bets that he won't. I am putting money down that he won't even try to lose the weight.

Why? It's because we don't want to give up our food. This man told me himself that he knows we just need food to live and that it's just fuel for our bodies.
He knows the truth and he won't take it seriously enough to act upon the truth.

We as humans are like this, we don't respond to what we know is the truth.

EATING LESS FOOD is the way to go to lose the weight. Now, I'm not writing that you should starve yourself into a size two dress, or a 30 inch waist pants. I am writing eat smaller portions of food.

EAT LESS FOOD.

I have written this before, and I am writing it again, "The only person we can change is ourselves. Don't even try to change anyone else."

I offered this man the answers to his weight problem. It's obvious he doesn't want to change; not yet.

Maybe when he gets the doctors report that he's got adult-onset-diabetes he will get serious enough to change.

What will it take for you to change? It's not easy to change our lifestyles, and our habits. We fall into a rut and think there is no answer to our problems with our weight. Or, we go blissfully along thinking we can continue to be overweight.

It's hard, I know.

Bye for now...




2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Thanks Dave....you keep reminding us to eat less food...we need to hear that...it's easy to ignore, but hearing it over and over makes it stick...gets it into the brain, and into the "thinking"... and perhaps will pop up when we're tempted to eat more than we should...

David Dane said...

I made an error with this posting this morning that I corrected. I typed in 191.4-pounds, which should have been 181.4-pounds. Yes, it's hard to eat less food. It's hard when everyone else seems to keep eating until their hearts and stomachs are content. That eventually leads us to disaster. We over eat, and stress out our digestive tracts, and our insulin levels. It's time to cut back. It may even be time to eat small meals six times a day if we can't handle the hunger.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...