Saturday, November 3, 2007

Swimming For A Refreshing Workout

Hello weight losing fans...

I don't have my Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale with me today up in Michigan.
I have no idea what I weigh right now.

My commentary will be lean today as well. Well, maybe if I have the time later I will write something.

Part Two
Does Swimming in cool water prevent calorie burning?
Today I had some time to kill in the morning so I went to the hotel's indoor pool for a swim.

As I was making a slow approach getting into what seemed like cold water, I decided to try doing some water aerobics.

As I was doing leg lifts in the water and stretching, the thought occured to me, "Does cold water prevent the body from burning calories?"

I don't have the answer for that. However I can testify that it certainly was a lot easier to do leg lifts in the water vs doing them on dry land. And I did do squats and other aerobic activety to stretch and strain my arms and legs. I also swam some laps.

I was tired afterwards, and still am.

I was wondering about that question: "Does swimming burn calories?"
You may be surprised what I found. http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/research/swimming.htm

Apparently after reading the above mentioned commentary by a weight trainer; the answer is no one is sure.

So did I waste my time in the pool?

I don't think so. Cold water may actually slow down the bodies fat metabolism simply because the body never warms in cool water. However, if I had someone who had to rehabilitate after an injury, I would definitely put them in water to relieve the stress of gravity on the body.

The above mentioned article also mentions that swimming athletes actually have higher body fat than comparable athletes who work out on dry land.

So, should anyone who is using excercise to burn fat not work out and do aerobics in a swimming pool? Well, if I were working with old people who needed to exercise and couldn't handle the strain of the dry land, I would have them work out in the pool.

I did it. I feel somehow refreshed, and my body feels like I had a work out.

I Love Waffles, So I Ate Two
In the morning there was one of those self help breakfast bars set up in the hotel lobby that I went to for breakfast.

They have the usual selections of food that people can pick from: fruit, cereal, milk, yogurt, muffins, bagels, etc. And there on the counter next to all this yummy food was the waffle maker. Next to it was the dispensing machine that had waffle mix premade that dispenses into a syrofoam cup.

I saw someone make one of those big waffles and I found myself craving one for myself. So, I dispensed the waffle mix into a cup, poured it into the machine and waited the two minutes for it to cook.

When I opened the machine I saw a golden brown, circlular waffle. I popped it out of the machine, put strawberries on top of it, and poured sugar free syrup all over it.

Then I ate it, yum, yum, yum. Well, it was so good, I could not resist making a second waffle, putting strawberries and cream on that, and then I ate it down too.

Well, there went all of my calories for the day in one meal. I had some other food as well. That totaled up to around 1,700 calories. Oops...

Well, for the rest of the day I have been suffering because I know I shouldn't eat anything else. I have had one apple, and a banana since that big meal.

Oh, it doesn't pay to eat too much too soon. My penalty is I have to wait for tomorrow before I eat. I may not make it, because I am so hungry right now.


Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...