Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I Was Flying Blind Without My Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale; And I Did OK

Hello weight losing fans...

I just got back from Michigan. Yep, I was held over there for three days more than I expected to be. It's a long story.

I was flying blind without my Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale for five days. My last weight that I had a record of was for Friday Morning. Yes, that was a challenge to say the least because I wondered if I would end up at 195-pounds or more.

I really, really hate not having a record for my weight for the days that I was gone. This messes up my whole weight loss history not having five days of recorded weight.

Well, I am not making this an official weight, but tonight I got home from work and weighed myself on the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale at 181.6-pounds. That's just 0.4-pounds up above the record I set for this weight loss season.

Oh yeah, I was flying blind, and still came in at a reasonable weight. Now, I am expecting tomorrow to be a new weight loss record for this weight loss season.

I have to be up at 4:45 AM to be at work by 6:45 AM.

Well, when I was gone I was eating a completely different diet of food than I usually eat. In the morning for breakfast I was eating a lot of carbohydrates, and no protein at all. For lunch I was eating mostly carbohydrates. For dinner I was eating a sandwich, which was a small hamburger, or some Chili.

I must say; I think I did pretty well.

I just could not get to a computer for Monday, and Tuesday, so I could not post for those two days. I'll bet you were wondering how I was doing.

Well, I need to get home and get to sleep. We shall see if tomorrow is a new record, which will bring me much closer to that illusive 180-pound target.

Now My Blood Is Boiling
I just read an article about diabetes and the epidemic that it had become. The gist of the article is that society is to blame for our being overweight, and that the government should step in to change it.

Listen to me; the government doesn't give a damn about you or me being overweight. And if you think for five seconds that some bureaucrat is going to solve yours or my weight issues; then you deserve the living hell they will put us all through.

We are supposed to be a society that lives free from the auspices of governmental control. Unfortunately stupid ignorant people see a problem and they immediately run to the government.

My blood is boiling when I read articles and blogs that blame society for problems that begin with individuals. We used to be a self sacrificing society. We used to take personal responsibility for our actions. We don't anymore.

The government's not forcing us to over eat to the point that we blow out our britches. No one is holding a gun to your head and saying eat this quart of ice cream.

It's high time we face the fact that it's our own fault for being fat like hogs, and that's because we eat like them. We eat everything that comes into our path, and that we can get our sticky little fingers on. Then when we get fat like a hog, we want to blame someone else.
Then we want to hand our freedom and responsibility over to faceless bureaucrats, who will ram it up our bottoms with taxes, and laws that are useless in solving the problem.

Let me make this easy: Shut your mouth and eat less food. How do you like that? You'll get that weight off if you'll quit eating everything in sight.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

David...you sound so angry...are you, really? lol
I totally agree with you on this one though...I don't want what I eat for breakfast to be part of someone's campaign pledge.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...