Thursday, June 5, 2008

Am I Willing To Give Up The Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwiches?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 187.2-pounds.

That's up exactly ten pounds over February's weight.

A few days ago I began looking back on my food diary from last year. I was trying to find what the magic was that I used to get down to 180.

Initially it began with eating Lean Cuisines. Then I switched to other Diet TV dinners, and finally started calorie counting. I set my daily limit at 1,500 calories. I was still losing weight. Then I hit a glitch. It all stopped.

I went back and started looking at the books. Did you ever have one of those moments in time where you just can't believe you forgot what you were doing? In other words I was having success, and then completely forgot how I did it. I kid you not. I ignored the obvious.

Not only had I cut back on the amount of food, but I was not eating breads, cakes, and cookies. At least, I wasn't having them everyday. Now, I do count the calories today, but back then I didn't dare eat bread for breakfast, and lunch. I was eating large amounts of vegetables, red meat, chicken, and fish, within reason.

I would report that I had days where I had cake, and ice cream, only those days were rare compared to now.

So, I think I, I repeat, I think I have found the solution to my problem. It's just, I really don't want to give up my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or my morning egg sandwich.

So, now that I have my answer, because of the historical insights of my food log, am I willing to make the sacrifice that I need to?

Let's see...

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...