Sunday, June 29, 2008

No Weight Today, Sorry....

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at ????
Sorry, I don't have the numbers right now..

Today I was in the hotel lobby. There was one of those help yourself buffets out. There was the usual food fair. There were sugared up cereals, cinnamon rolls, muffins, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and yogurts.

When I woke up this morning I was unbelievably hungry. I had to find some food to eat. So, I ate at this buffet in the lobby.

I picked out some foods to eat. I had to restrain myself and keep in mind that I must eat smaller portions. I am on a mission to get down to 180-pounds.

As I sat eating, I watched a small girl that couldn't have been more than four years old throw a hissy fit. She saw some people in the swimming pool. She spied a young girl that was swimming and she went into a tizzy.

She screamed at her mom, and then stomped her little pink cowboy boots then yelled at her mom. It's not fair mom, they get to go swimming and we can't.

Her mom told her no, that they have to go. Fortunately her mother didn't give in to her crying daughter. It wouldn't have been good.

But, how many times are we like this little girl. We see other people out eating, and drinking, and we want the same things. We are trying to lose weight. We, can't eat what we see other people eating.

I wrote this little limerick to illustrate my thoughts.

I saw a little girl today.
She wasn't more than four.
She wore a pretty pink dress, and pink cow boy boots.
And she was cute as a button for sure.

She saw someone having what she couldn't have.
She got a fit of jealousy, and she went on a tare.
This little four year old girl became a little storm.

As her momma tried to make her do what she was supposed to do.
The little girl demanded that she'd have her way.
The momma looked at her and said we've got to go.
She said I made a mistake and made you a promise that I can't keep.
You're just gonna have to live with it there's nothing that I can do.

The little girl threw a fit and she cried it's not fair.
Momma you made a promise, why can't we swim?
She yelled out that I want to go in.
She stomped her little pink boots and demanded her way

Finally the momma she'd had enough.
Her smile turned to anger and she got a stern look.
She told the little girl you better give up.
If you want to have your swim lessons when we get home,
You better give up or you won't get that.
The little girl insisted she wanted her way.

Finally her mama just said.
Don't stomp your boots at me.
Don't yell at me.
Don't tell me what you're going to do.
You better do as I say.

As I stood there looking at the buffet.
I saw a little boy in cow boy boots.
He was an older man, but he hadn't grown up.
He still thought he could have his way.

He looked around the room and saw all the food.
He saw people eating anything they liked.
His hunger built up inside as he fought with himself.
He new he shouldn't eat any more but he still wanted to.
He had to go to war with that little boy.

I stomped my shoes and I cried out for more food.
I said it's not fair.
I am the one that gets fat.
I want more sweet rolls.
I want more cereal.
It's not fair, It just ain't fair.

Finally a voice inside told me.
Don't stomp your cow boy boots at me.
Do yell at me.
Don't tell me it's not fair.
You know what to do.
Your mamma's not here to tell you what to do
Don't your cow boy boots at me
You know what to do

I felt a little shame, as I put back down the sweet roll
I knew there wasn't anything that I could do
I knew it's not fair that I'm getting fat
But mama's not here to tell me what to do

Don't stomp your cow boy boots at me.
Don't yell at me.
Don't tell me what you want do.
You know what to do.
You better get a grip on yourself.
Even though you know it's not fair.

Mamma's not here to tell you what to do.

Number counter when I posted: 3642

Bye for now...


And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...