Monday, June 30, 2008

Drunk Woman, And A Come On

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182.2-pounds.
That's down from yesterday.

Last night when I got in from work I decided to weigh myself. I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.4-pounds.

That's holding the line. It's not where I want to be, but it's better than it's been the last couple of weeks.

Tomorrow may not be so good though. I had a big lunch. I ate a 9 inch sub-sandwich, potato chips, a macaroni salad, and a large 3 1/2 inch peanut butter cookie. This blew out the calorie count for today.

I won't gain fat, but that food will be sitting in my gut when I weigh in tomorrow morning.

She Told Me Don't Even Try, Just Enjoy Life
On Sunday night I got stuck in Lincoln Illinois. It's a town just North of Springfield, Illinois. It was around 10 PM and I was sitting at a computer in a hotel lobby. Some woman came in from a wedding that she had attended and thought she'd flirt with me at the computer.

She'd been drinking, so I must have looked pretty appetizing to her sitting there minding my own business. She came up from my behind and read out loud what I was writing on the blog. She said, "Is it too late to lose those pounds?" She said, "Honey give it up, we're both too old to lose any pounds. Sit back and enjoy life." By now she had moved over to my right side and began pressing into my right arm and shoulder. I looked up and smiled at her and said, "What are you talking about?" She said, "What are you reading there?" I told her it's not too late to lose weight, this is my blog and I am writing it.

I said, "This is my writing." She got intrigued. And began pressing more into me as she leaned over to read what I was writing. It's a shame I only look good when they are drunk.

I told this brazen woman that I lost 60 pounds. She asked, "How'd you do it, I'd like to lose 30 pounds?" I told her eat less food. She said, "that seems like such a simple answer. " Then she said, "that's sounds like common sense. " She wanted to know what eating less food means.
I told her, "Eat less food. Use portion control."

As I was engaging in conversation with this woman who was obviously interested in me, and was pressing against me, her husband screamed at her to come along. Phew...

Before she left being startled by her now angry husband she asked, "Does this mean do I have to give up my beer?" I said no, "Drink the beer, and skip the meals."

She left, and followed after her husband who gave me a dirty look. Hey, I didn't do anything. Besides, jealous husbands don't scare me, I would eat that old man for breakfast if I had to.

I run into people in all sorts of situations. They all seem to want to lose weight. The truth be known, they don't want to give up their food, their beer, or anything else.

Why bother asking the question, if you aren't serious about taking action? In her case, she should take life easy, and forget about losing weight.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...