Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sizing Portions? Eat Less? Oh, Don't Be Ridiculous

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.6-pounds.

Today I was talking to two woman up at the YMCA camp for children.
They had offered me to eat some of the remaining egg, and ham muffins, and hash browns that were in a box. I declined the offer telling the ladies that I can't eat the muffins, or hash browns.

They were curious, "Why one asked?" I told her that I had lost sixty pounds, and now was on my last twenty pounds. She immediately said, "Oh no, you'd be too skinny. Why would you do that?"
I said it's because I have 20-pounds of fat here on my stomach. To which she said, "Oh, it's only about 5-pounds, and you can work that off with exercise."

I tried to explain that it doesn't work that way. Needless to say I couldn't convince her or the woman sitting next to her that it really does matter how big the food portions sizes are, and how much any person eats in a day that ultimately effects weight gain, or loss.

Hey, you are going to run into people like this. These are the experts. They know what they know, don't you know? Now, I am the one who lost sixty pounds. But, do you think anyone really cares how I did it?

Of course they don't.

For me, it was the portions sizes that mattered. When I cut down my total food consumption, then a miracle happened, I lost weight.

And, the proof is happening now again. I have lost more weight recently after having gained back about 10 or so pounds.

Don't listen to the outsiders who offer their advice. Here is why, they don't even take their own advice. The one woman I talked to, she was real skinny herself. The other woman in the conversation was a big heavy woman. So neither of them could really talk.

Ignore people, do what you gotta do for you.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Way to go...sounds like you got your groove back! We all get "outta sorts" from time to time...get weary...it's good we have the blog-o-sphere and fellow bloggers to be the voice we need to hear...I know I need to hear "eat less food" often, and your blog is just the place to hear it....yours is the voice in the diet world wilderness .

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...