Friday, June 6, 2008

Oh I Can Eat This; It Doesn't Matter, It Won't Hurt Anything

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 188.2-pounds. Now, that's up again.

This afternoon I re-weighed myself. I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 186.6-pounds. So, that means about 2-pounds was stuff waiting to leave.

So, it's safe to say I am full of the brown stuff.

Oh, I Can Eat This, It Won't Matter
Umm, that 8 inch in diameter Cinnamon sweet roll looks good. I think I'll eat it. Chomp, gulp...
(There goes 1000 calories.) It won't hurt anything.

Umm, fresh squeezed orange juice. I'll drink this 16 ounce glass. Slurp...
(There goes 300 calories.) It won't hurt anything.

Umm, that 12 inch long beef sandwich looks good. I think I'll eat that for lunch. Chomp, chomp, gulp... burp (There Goes another 1000 calories.) It won't hurt anything.

Umm, that chocolate shake looks good. I'll have that with my beef sandwich. Slurp...
(There goes 800 calories.) It won't hurt anything.

Honey, what's for dinner? Oh, Spaghetti and Meat balls. I'll have that big bowl full. Hey give me 4 of those big meat balls. Chomp, Chomp, gulp...burp. Ahhh...
(There goes 1,200 calories.) It won't hurt anything.

Oh, I can eat that, and that, and that. It won't hurt anything.

How many times do we say that to ourselves, I can eat this, it won't hurt anything? Just look at all of the fat people out there. They say that to themselves all of the time.

Oh, I am so cruel. How dare I call anyone fat? How dare I imply that people are fat because they don't care? You jerk David....

Well, If I am eating whole pizzas everyday for dinner, and bags full of cookies each day, isn't it ultimately my fault if I get fat? I was eating whole pizzas, and I have eaten bags of cookies.

I have drank whole 2 liter bottles of regular Coca Cola all in one day. I have eaten stacks of pancakes for breakfast. I have had three or four donuts for breakfast. I have overeaten.

Is it any wonder why I blew up like a blimp? Why did I think I could eat like I did?

Don't think it was easy to put on the brakes with my food consumption. Don't think that it's easy to keep a check on your food consumption when you are hungry.

Don't think that I have this weight lose thing locked down. I don't have anything locked down. I haven't won the war yet. I am still battling these extra ten pounds.

You can't think you've won the war either just because you have lost a couple of pounds. It doesn't work like that.

Losing weight is a continuous process. It's a non-stop campaign to get the weight off, and keep it off. It's not easy. And, for sure it's not fun.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

Lyn said...

SO true. I ate my way up to 278 pounds, and it's no one's fault but my own. And if I regain the weight that too is my responsibility. But yeah it does suck saying no to pizza some days! Hang in there.

Dinahsoar said...

It does seem about the time we think we've got it figured out something changes...good thing you've got your past food diaries to check out...it's easy to forget what worked for us back when.

David Dane said...

Thanks lyn and dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...