Thursday, June 26, 2008

Someone Might Take My Advice, We'll See

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.4-pounds.
That's up some from yesterday.

Finally Someone May Take My Advice
For the last two days I wrote about a woman who I worked with. She wanted advice about how I lost 60-pounds. I wrote her a page of advice.

She said she appreciated the advice and decided she was going to try to lose weight.
I thought, "Good, someone finally believes me."
Now, I will know the next time I see her if she really meant what she said.

Good intentions don't get the job done. It's the actions someone takes after the thought that produce results, good or bad. This woman can say all day long she wants to lose weight. She won't lose weight until she puts the thoughts and intentions into action.

Unless she cuts back her food consumption, and unless she alters some of the foods she eats regularly, she will never lose weight. She will continue to gain weight.

Here is why: She eats too much for her own survival. She probably eats too many carbohydrates particularly sweets like sugar.

If she doesn't change her food consumption, then everything she told me was all smoke. Her words will drift away on the breeze.

It's the thought: I must lose weight + the action: Eating less food, that get the results.

She can even take the action without the thought. She can lose weight without intending to. But, it's all going to depend on the restriction of food consumption.

I can lock someone away in a room and feed them under the door food and water. If they get hungry enough they'll eat what I put under the door. They will lose weight if I restrict that food.
Now, will they be healthy when I do it? Not necessarily.
But you get my point.

The same goes for you. You can intend to lose weight all day long. You can think about losing weight until the cows come home. It's only when you take the necessary steps of reducing down your food portions, that you will start losing weight.

You might hope to lose weight. You might dream of losing weight. You might think you will. The reality is what is the continuous action you are taking to achieve that weight loss?

It's an minute-by-minute-process. It goes from minutes, to hours, to days, to weeks, of taking continuous action. The action is not putting more in your mouth and swallowing it. The action is eating different foods than you probably do.

Someone told me the other day, "I'm a junk food junkie." I thought, "OK, in twenty years we'll see you in the cardiac-ward of the emergency room."

His action is eating the wrong food. He may not be eating to much for his metabolism for now. However, as he ages, it will catch up to him. He'll be like so many men with their fat guts, and flabby bottoms walking down the street.

What about you? I can't believe you'd read this far. But, let's just say you did. What will you do to finally convince yourself that it's time to change course, and take action.

How much weight should you lose to be the appropriate height and weight? Do you know? Do you even care?

For me: It took falling backwards down a stair case when I lost my balance. It took not being able to button my pants, or my collar. It took knees that were collapsing out from under me, to finally convince me that I was in serious trouble.

The alarms were sounding around me when my family members, one-after-another fell victim to adult-onset-diabetes.

What will it take for you? Are the alarms sounding, and you are ignoring them?

Number counter when I posted: 3576

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...