Monday, June 16, 2008

Compare Those Food Calories: You'll be surprised

Hello weight losing fans...

Yesterday I was unable to post. Here is yesterday's weight: 186-pounds.

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.6-pounds. That's down some.

This morning I was driving home from my cousin's home in Wisconsin. She didn't have anything to eat for me. She lives like "Old Mother Hubbard." It's unfortunate but she struggles for every penny.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out what to eat. I stopped at Walmart. I purchased a large apple, a bundle of bananas, and a box of Little Debbie Honey Rolls.

I looked at the box and read the calorie count. Wow, for a little danish that is 3 inches, by 3 1/2 inches, and 1/2 inch thick, this little thing packed a whopping 220 calories. Yes, it's safe to say, that with something like that it would be easy to over consume our calorie counts. That is if we count calories at all.

On the other hand I was getting ready for work and decided that I should eat something before I leave. I put in a TV dinner. It was three small slices of turkey, a small blob of mashed potatoes, and 1/3 cup of peas. The box said this whole meal was only 240 calories.

Look at the difference between a small cinnamon roll, and a turkey TV dinner. The dinner is better for me because it provides a rounded meal. Only, it's so skimpy.

If I you are going to lose weight, then you'll have to take a hard look at the food you consume. You may not think you ate a lot of calories of food, but for you, it may have been way too many.
This is why over the years you have seen your pants for the men, and dresses for the ladies shrinking. Or, the clothes aren't shrinking, you're only getting bigger? Which is it?

Yes, it's that old thing again: "You are what you eat." You eat too much. It shows. Hey, I'm not the one eating all the stuff, you are. Don't blame me.

The solution: "Eat less food."

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I like your message. Eat less.

;) Good to see you are getting closer to the 180 side of things.

Dinahsoar said...

Great work heading back toward 180...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...