Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's Hard To Keep The Weight Loss Momentum Up

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 187-pounds. That's down from yesterday, and still up 10-pounds over February's record 177.2-pounds.

What does this mean, am I losing weight again? Was this just stuff that hung around to be flushed out?

Perhaps... At this point I can't really tell. I have been going over the numbers for my calorie consumption, which included calories from fluids like milk. There have only been a few days this week that I went over my two thousand calorie count by a 1000 calories. I haven't really eaten that much food. It may be that I added more bread, and other carbohydrates than I should.

Yesterday I had a bologna sandwich for breakfast with cheese. Then for lunch I had a liquid breakfast of protein powder, 16 ounces of whole milk, and lean breakfast powder. Then at night I had two pints of cottage cheese with pineapple. Before bed I had four ounces of white wine. This finished the day off at around 1,900 calories.

Today I repeated the same thing. I still haven't thought about what I will have for supper. But, I am already hungry.

Lately I have been thinking that the frustration I am going through to continue losing weight isn't worth it. The mental and emotional momentum is tough to keep up.

It's hard to keep the weight loss momentum up.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I'm thinking you should just work on figuring out how to maintain between 180-190....it would be better than being so frustrated and eating your way up the scale even farther.

2000 calories a day shouldn't be adding any weight....are you averaging more than 2000 a day? If so, how many more calories per day on average?

It takes 3500 calories to gain a pound...you'd have to overeat 3500 calories every 7 days to gain a pound in one week...that's a lot of food.

When I gained 20 pounds in 10 weeks we were on the road a lot and eating a lot of fast food, which is high in fat and sodium...and simple carbs...and not to mention the calories add up too. A biscuit for breakfast and coffee with cream, and a hamburger and fries at lunch are pretty hefty and not very filling...

If you are having to eat a lot of fast food, there may not be a lot you can do to change things...true they have grilled chicken and salads...but I eat fast food to save money...and the healthier items at fast food places come with a hefty price tag.

So...said all that to say this, in light of your much frustration if you can just manage to stay in the 180-190 range I'd say you are doing good for now...maybe 6 months from now your situation will be better and you'll be ready to change things up.

Anonymous said...

"It's hard to keep the weight loss momentum up."

I know it can drag after a while (even though my current blog is only a "recent" diet). I have been on longer term diet plans in the past.

I also like your post below about you think I want to be told "Eat Less Food" -- that is so true!

Of course I want my food (and a size 10 body) and I want it now !!!!

Best wishes,
Sharon

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...