Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Weight Loss Fascists Are Here

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 186.2 pounds. That's down a bit from yesterday's weight.

Someone who periodically looks in on my blog posts and makes comments left me one, so I clipped it and posted it today.

This is one upbeat woman. She has a cheerful little blog-site she keeps up. She has some good insight into things about weight. And, for the average woman out there who may be really struggling with her weight, I recommend checking in on her blog. I also recommend posting a comment or a question she can answer for you.

She like me is struggling with that bit of fat that creeps on incrementally with every bite of food. She like me is no longer in those early years of life, and our age has slowed us up a bit. Read something she wrote in the comments:

"Yes---about 600 calories per meal would put you at 1800 calories a day...that should put you in a range to lose and not be so hungry. Sounds like you are getting back on track...we all get weary of the whole process and need a break...you've had your break, and now it's time to bite the bullet again, which you are in process of doing now. No real damage done...it's normal to gain a little when you increase your calorie intake. You'll be back to 180 in no time...staying there is the trick. Life is too short to obsess about a few pounds."

She should know, and I agree with her. We all have those moments in time with our weight losing where we seem to get into suspended animation, and nothing happens with the weight loss. In fact we suddenly seem to go into reverse. I don't know all of the causes. I just don't.
It could be simply as the result of illness.

I have a friend that is ill. He has been diagnosed with hyperglycemia. He has to eat every few hours, or he could die. Yep, his blood sugar could crash and he would just die. And, he has to lose weight. So, just imagine having that problem. I can't. I guess I consider myself lucky or blessed.

I don't have all the answers. I just know so far what has worked for me. That could change. Fortunately I don't wrestle with diabetes, or hyperglycemia. I could have. If I had continued down the road I was on, I may just have turned that corner in diabetes. Some of my family has.

And, I am here to tell you: Folks, it isn't easy losing the weight. Just look at all the people out there who are over weight. For many of them they simply over eat. For some, they may very well be ill. I can't diagnose everyone of them.

The other day I was watching this TV program. There was a woman from "Americans Against Obesity." Yes, she is a lobbyist against obesity. She goes to the Congress of the United States, and to local authorities, and lobbies for laws against obesity. Can you imagine something like that?

Here is this young pretty woman, who is slender and full of herself and she lobbies to have laws against fat people. I have something for her: It's a bullet in her brain. I kid you not. These are the same people who would have fat people starved to death in a camp somewhere. She would kill you, and not think twice. She's a fascist in a woman's suit.

I joke about locking people away in a room. If they can handle it maybe they ought to be by their choice. I would never force anyone to get off the weight. If you want to kill yourself and look ghastly in the process then go ahead.

Listen, you, you, you, have to figure out what's going on with you. You have to get the weight off of you; not some pretty young slim woman who is full of herself. She has nothing better to do but to meddle into the business of fat people.

She herself said that there are many obese people in her own family. Yeah, so what? Welcome to America. It seems to me, that those fat people in her family must have been neurotic too. They spawned her winsome little fascist butt.

I keep trying to warn people: Don't wait until the fascists decide that you're too fat. You aren't going to like what they are going to do to you. Pay attention to your own weight, and for goodness sakes, if you have children, teach them how to take care of themselves. The fascists are here, and they want you gone fatty.

And, I am truly sorry that I have to write that. I am on your side of the weight scale so to speak. I have to wrestle with this weight losing phenomenon. I don't like it either. It is what it is.

I write what I write in an effort to provoke you. Yes, it's emotions that stir us into action. What will stir you? Have you ever asked that question?

Perhaps losing weight won't put you into the top ten list of the world's most beautiful people. Perhaps, it won't win you the love of your life. What it might get you is more mobility. Maybe losing weight will change your personal well being. Isn't that enough? Isn't feeling better good enough?

I lost weight. I am much more mobile than I was. I just feel better. Yes, I do struggle with the hunger. But, I am here to tell you, that hunger isn't nearly as bad as fighting to get up a stair case. So, you figure out the motivation for you. Get off the weight for you.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Thanks David...and it's great you are back down...at this rate you'll be on the 180 mark in no time!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...