Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Haven't Given Up My Target Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.2-pounds. Yes that's down some again. It's only 5.2-pounds away from that 180-pounds that I was supposed to be maintaining. Uh huh, why ain't ya David? Huh...Huh?

Please, I don't care what the public view on this is. I don't lose weight for the masses. I lost the weight for me. Believe me, I still have that 180-pounds in my sights, and I am going to shoot for that 160-pounds.

The reason I managed to step onto the scale this morning at 185.2-pounds was completely unplanned. I had to stop eating by noon time. This is only because I got stuck at work longer than I was supposed to. Then by the time I made it home, it was to late to eat. I went to bed because I was up again this morning at 4:00 AM.

I am off work now. I was passing the local library heading home, and decided to post for this blog. Again I am having to stop eating already today. This is only because I was with a bunch of clients at a bakery in Buffalo Grove. There were these day old donuts and pastries in the display case. I purchased a cinnamon roll, and a cake donut covered in chocolate. I am estimating that the cinnamon roll came in at around 850 to 900 calories. I am estimating the cake donut was 350 calories. Combined with the calories for breakfast, and this blows my food consumption clean out of the water for the day. It's over.

Now, I made that choice. I have written before, if you eat a donut, then that better be all you eat until that next meal. In this case I had a two-fer. So, that's it, it's over.

It's also more carbohydrates than I really should be eating in one meal. Hey, I ate it, and I am not feeling guilty.

I was talking to a woman who was with me at the bakery. She was this late-50-ish lady that was slender as any woman her age could be. She was telling me how she only eats sweets like I ate as a treat on special occasions. This same woman was sitting at a restaurant yesterday eating a salad, and that's it.

I asked her if she is careful with her weight. She said yes. She deliberately eats like a bird. She also said that she has gotten used to eating less. She said she gets overfull easily. Gee, I wish that was my problem.

She asked me how much weight I lost. I told her. She asked don't you get full easily now? I said no, I can keep eating. I really can. I have not gotten used to these bite size meals yet. It's been over 1 1/2 years that I have been at this. Time sure flies.

Well, lucky her. She has figured out how to keep her self slim and trim. Unlike the rest of the woman who were with us, these ladies all had more fat on them than they needed.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be so incredibly disciplined with our food consumption, we'd all be skinny little twigs.

Oh, I am not knocking her. She looks good. She's very rare. I've known her now for four years. So, apparently she isn't destroying herself by under consuming food. Yes, there is such a thing as under consuming food. Just ask Karen Carpenter. Oh, she's dead. Forget it then.
3260

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...